EKO - A bit of bassing.

ryanyoung

G'day All,

Just a quick report on yesterday's afternoon session after an early mark from work.

Took the yak for a spin at the local, targeting bass. I used an sx40 in orange and pink gloss, can't remember the colour number. I actually took the time out this trip to pepper each snag with multiple casts, even if it meant re-positioning the yak, something I have been too lazy to do lately....it paid off.

Managed ten or so bass for the quickish session, and a juvenile yella also.

The highlight of the afternoon was witnessing some surface strikes in the shadows, so I foul hooked the lure with the line and then cast out to the spot, a couple of twitches later on the sx40 "surface lure" saw a feisty little bass smash it :woohoo:

All fish were released, no real size to any of them, but still a good fight and a great day to be out.

Was great to meet you Jords, will have to catch up for a fish with the tupperware soon.

Cheers, and thanks for reading,

Ryan.

post-5695-144598595839_thumb.jpg

Fishnet stockings anyone :silly: ?

post-5695-144598595844_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598595849_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598595854_thumb.jpg

Well done i just brought the same SX40 lure 1 week ago, haven't tried it yet.

After seeing how well you did with this lure I cant wait to get my line wet. :)

Nice one mate, how ya finding the yak?

It's pretty good Dan, allows for all those shore-based unreachable snags to be fished. Still need a bit more practice though, with anticipating wind v's flow/current/tide. The aim is to eventually get a hobie, but this one suits me fine for now, am having a blast!

Cheers,

Ryan.

Silver instead of yellow you learn something every day Ryan

nice little session

Just remember its POETS day tomorrow

LMAO.....it is indeed mate! Might look at an early Harold Holt and get the yak in the water.

hahah, if POETS is what i think it is, very funny. change of plans now heading down at around 2.30/3

nice little session

LMAO.....it is indeed mate! Might look at an early Harold Holt and get the yak in the water.

hahah, if POETS is what i think it is, very funny. change of plans now heading down at around 2.30/3

I might see you down there Jords, depending on work.

Jimmybob - Yep, still quite a bit to learn mate, it fought exactly like a similar sized yella. Do the two ever inter-breed?

nice little session

Jimmybob - Yep, still quite a bit to learn mate, it fought exactly like a similar sized yella. Do the two ever inter-breed?

Silvers' mouth is too small

nice little session

Silvers' mouth is too small

LOL.....with what I've seen you do with shovelnoses....hmmm!

Archived