are we bein ripped off

noname

How bout the price of tweed bait etc? pay $5 plus just for couple hundred grams of tiny crappy prawns....go to Woolies and get a kilo for less than $15 Same with mullet etc. I buy cooked prawns for bait so I can have a feed if the fishing's slow.

I went to the tackle store up at Carsledine just on Gympie rd, they sold fresh prawns, filleted mullet and all sorts of other bait, they even pack and freeze prawns, all good sizes and the same price as tweed bait.

Will never buy tweed bait again, half the prawns are smaller than the hooks !!

yeah almost as bad as a guy who takes free crab pots and then never takes you fishin..

bastards, how dare the charge that, go them mate , I know you heart is in it..........

what the hell are you on buddy ? got any left???

He can't respond Rob.

It was our old mate flatty catcher, hooked on trout, davefishmad, plus those paedophile ones....gone again now lol

yeah almost as bad as a guy who takes free crab pots and then never takes you fishin..

bastards, how dare the charge that, go them mate , I know you heart is in it..........

He can't respond Rob.

It was our old mate flatty catcher, hooked on trout, davefishmad, plus those paedophile ones....gone again now lol

:lol: :lol: persistant little butt wipe isn`t he...at least knowing who,it solves the question of what he`s on :whistle:

He can't respond Rob.

:lol: :lol: persistant little butt wipe isn`t he...at least knowing who,it solves the question of what he`s on :whistle:

if anything the little bastard is persistant iS there any way of blocking the little turd.WHAT A KNOB

If your on the northside you could go to sammys girl or raptis on the south side, if you go there regularly they will sell you damaged prawns cheeper. I go there for fresh bait, fresh is best, if I cant catch it myself whish isnt that often I go and buy fresh. Threadies love those fresh green prawns, even caught a threadie on a long shank whitting hook at the poo shoot fishing for whitting. Go fresh!!;)

The ther thing to remember is we vote with our wallet and as consumers we can let companies know what we want buy buying it. Same as with fishing for some of our favorite fish species, time patience and research pays off. There are certanly much better and cheeper baits out there than tweed prawns or fisho! (although have caught some big dart and bream off the beaches on fisho) ;)

nah, fresh pillies are not abundantly stocked enough to affect the price of the frozen ones.

Last time I went looking for fresh ones I couldn't find a shop that sold them unless I wanted to head to Sunnybank and risk driving along Mains Rd.

Don't trust my driving Elli?? :silly:

fish are alot smarter than we all think.... you only get the scum and the stupid fish that make a mistake when you use anything thats not fresh... use lures or bait caught specifically for that session and you start getting into the decent fish ;)

rip off??...bought frozen = pull into bait and tackle store grab some bait, pick up a few bits and pieces of tackle,check out what may be new (lures,rods etc)have a chat(talk sh#t while checking out the latest local reports etc)= convenience/one stop shopping(most times)then off fishing or home

bought fresh = is best,(next to getting your own),great if you have a seafood outlet close by,or on the way to your fishing spot or home

You can see and if you want, feel the quality, of what your buying. = good if you can get it :) added fuel and time cost if you have to drive around(even if you ring around and check first)if you need to top up tackle etc off you go for another drive etc.

So realisticaly you pay the price which ever way you go,but end up with fresh bait only one way...so the choice is yours...even if you do a personal boycott those who find frozen bait convenient will keep buying it

those pillys i had at wavebreak were fresh for human consumption and were $5 kg.... i dont get it either, i refuse to buy frozen crap, terrys bait is cat shit in a bag

would you mind sharing your source of those pillies,thanks

Archived