Accommodation For 2011 State Of Origin

Angus

Hey everyone,

Obviously you can camp/stay were you want for the duration of the event.

However with the HQ being located here the suggested Camp Site (cabins available) is the Jacobs Well Tourist Park: http://www.goldcoasttouristparks.com.au/park/jacobs-well

They have been extremely accomadating so offering the following perks:

* Live music and entertainment for the Friday night.

* Kids outdoor movie night for the Saturday night.

* Sunday night booked in as well for each site for no extra cost. Thus you get 3 nights for the price of 2 and there is no need to rush to pack up after the prize presentation.

At the moment there is a lot of powered sites and couple of cabins remaining, however these are very much first in best dressed so dont wait to long!

I am sure we can start compiling a bit of a "Who Is Where" diagram a bit later down the track.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

Angus

Are there many mighty cockroaches competing in this??

If not I may have to do an inglis and pretend to be a qld'er

Hahaha mate there is a certain pride no matter what the result when its 50 vs you :P

Na I have heard back from a few already and the blues will have a good team.

Remember NSW won the first Fishing Origin and the Qld team outnumbered them 3 to 1.

Angus

Good to know Ted.

I have previously spoken to both Cindy and Berndette on the phone and they have both been very helpful.

Dont hesitate to mention why you are coming as well when you book guys! Let them know that their extra efforts are not for nought.

Angus

We will not be publishing an official competitors list for privacy reasons but if you would like to make it known to other members you are coming please RSVP to our Calendar event for this:

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/72-2011+State+Of+Origin+Fishing+Competition

This will help people work out who is where etc hopefully...

Angus

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

Obviously you can camp/stay were you want for the duration of the event.

However with the HQ being located here the suggested Camp Site (cabins available) is the Jacobs Well Tourist Park: http://www.goldcoasttouristparks.com.au/park/jacobs-well

They have been extremely accomadating so offering the following perks:

* Live music and entertainment for the Friday night.

* Kids outdoor movie night for the Saturday night.

* Sunday night booked in as well for each site for no extra cost. Thus you get 3 nights for the price of 2 and there is no need to rush to pack up after the prize presentation.

At the moment there is a lot of powered sites and couple of cabins remaining, however these are very much first in best dressed so dont wait to long!

I am sure we can start compiling a bit of a "Who Is Where" diagram a bit later down the track.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

Angus

According the Holiday Park there have been quite a few sites booked already guys so good work! Now for those twiddling their thumbs dont miss out!

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

phoenix first birthday on monday the 10th, have convinced the mrs to have the party the following weekend so im a goer for this, same site as my birthday pissup is the go i rekkon, just need kev there to swim the creek again ha ha... i can see not much fishing being done on this one lol

• 3 weeks later...
Where's your site Ted? Where is everyone else booking?

Don't wanna get stuck in a 'blue' area :P

when You book online there are no sites given. so it is pot luck for me mate

ted if you ring them and ask they will tell your site number, when i asked she said thet they were putting everyone who mentions the afo or soo together. jnewy, newys biatch and i are on site 19

Archived