4x2x2 Marine Aquarium and random parts

malram

Hey guys,

I've had this aquarium sitting around doing nothing for a few years, I lost all my corals and fish in the October storms that hit the gap. No power for 5 days does not bode well for marine.

It has not been running for 2-3 years but when it was I had it running like a thing of beauty. Now I don't have time to test all the equipment and cannot guarantee that it will be working.

latest_fts.jpg

This was it in full flight.

It is a 4x2x2, with a 3ft sump, corner weir, and off the top of my head comes with

2ft Aqualina 2x55W + Moonlight

4ft Guppys 4x54W T5 Fitting

300W Heater

Venturi Beckett Protein Skimmer w/ 2,000lph pump

All bulk heads, maybe a pipe or two missing (cheap from bunnings)

I think 15,000 lph return pump

and a spare 5,000 I think (anyway they are more than enough to turn over the required water for filtration)

In-tank pumps to churn water (forget the name of them its been that long) 3,000lph I think each

tankdogs.jpg

The lighting is just a standard fluro in this (old picture) that I used while it was cycling.

Plenty more extras I'm sure like thermometer etc

Will have another look and make sure I havent missed anything out.

Looking at $700.00 - cheap because I don't have time testing any of the equipment. But as im aware worked from last use.

The tank, sump itself would be close to this total. So pretty much getting most extras free

Mal

The return pump shown in this is the backup, I have upgraded to turnover more.

A few more images showing you waht this system was able to establish

corner_shot.jpg

mal_newfts.jpg

mate thats a great price for anyone wanting to get into the marine aquarium hobby. It'd cost you well over twice the amount to get all of that at that price.

The in tank pumps you have look like Hydor Koralias (or the copies). Fantastic products, copies or not.

Would you know what brand your skimmer is??

Pity it all went to hell, that tank looks like it was beautiful.

mate thats a great price for anyone wanting to get into the marine aquarium hobby. It'd cost you well over twice the amount to get all of that at that price.

The in tank pumps you have look like Hydor Koralias (or the copies). Fantastic products, copies or not.

Would you know what brand your skimmer is??

Pity it all went to hell, that tank looks like it was beautiful.

Yeah Hydor Koralias Copies, good gear.

Not sure on the skimmer it's been too long. Worked well though but as I'm sure you are aware the aquarium hobby is much like fishing, constantly upgrading, tweaking buying more shit. Well worth it as you can literally spend hours watching it.

If I get serious interest I'll test all the gear

• 2 months later...

Archived