The rains are 'ere... did anyone tell the fish?

woody1

Hey all. I was wondering, what sort of effect does the recent rain have on the fish?

I am currently land based (until I can get the outboard running:( ) Is there anything i should take into account when planning where to go for this weeks fishing trip?

I have been fishing saltwater for a few years now, but have only recently started educating myself. This site has sure been a huge help and it's much more interesting when i get more than the occasional toady.

Thanks guys

have a good long weekend B)

hey woody.....lets hope the recent rain has a good effect on the fish;)

but as brian said, i think we need more to get the fish all stirred up.....and we need it to rain for about a year non stop to help out all the bass and yellas in the dams...dont look like its gunna rain today:unsure:

there was a hell of a lot of phosphorescence in the water at kooka last night and i'm putting it down to the bit of runoff we got for want of a better reason and something to blame for the lack of action when there were plenty showing on the sounder

hi woody one thing ie learn t about rain is it disturbs the fish the vibrations from rain drops hitting the water. the bream not liking the rain will take cover under any thing that gives shelter lol a few times ive fished the dog wharf in the wet and with a cast under the wharf ive retreaved a nice bream ,ide like to get near the pylon barge in kedron flood way in the rain and have a fish :)

Archived