Saturday at a lake

Nog

Where abouts was this?

Rule No. 1!!!!!

Touche mate :lol:

why the big seceret? i thought this forum was here to share information around ? i wouldnt mind

knowing where too so i can have a fish for toga like that ? doesnt ensure i will catch one but would be great to know where they are biting and how it was caught ?

if all everyone is ever going to do is put pictures up , well i buy magazines to look at fish i cant catch every month, whats the point of coming on here? :)

Where abouts was this?

Rule No. 1!!!!!

Touche mate :lol:

why the big seceret? i thought this forum was here to share information around ? i wouldnt mind

knowing where too so i can have a fish for toga like that ? doesnt ensure i will catch one but would be great to know where they are biting and how it was caught ?

if all everyone is ever going to do is put pictures up , well i buy magazines to look at fish i cant catch every month, whats the point of coming on here? :)

Personally I think it encourages us to get out into the bush and get a bit of healthy exercise searching for the honey holes.

hey guys, not everybody shares their spots. There are reasons for this. It may be that they do not want to alert the WBB, it took them a long time to find and learn how to catch the fish there, or it is a small system and would not take the fishing pressure if it was made public. Everybody has a their reasons and all are valid. I did put up a tongue in check "spot X" up the other day, but it was easy for everybody to work it out.

It would not take a lot of work to determine this lake and it really is not good form to have a go at someone that has taken the time to put up a report.

in all honesty, i'd rather a report (with pictures mind you) than no report at all so if someone wants to keep a spot close to their chest then that's their right.

judging by the photos, it's plenty enough hints to determine where it is (if it's the one i'm thinking about).

Ted is more diplomatic than me but seriously guys do you want me to butter your toast as well?

I put these posts up to encourage others to get out there, especially landbased fly fishing, which is my perversion. I'm not as adventurous as some so it's a pretty likely fact that I fish local.

Harden up and work for your fish!!!

Norm

ahhh im just jealous because i cant catch fish like that, or even know where to go to do so:

not having a go at anyone and i can appreciate that small creeks and holes would have some seceretivity to it for those reasons, but a lake?

i come onto this website to look for information as to where i can go to catch fish like these beautys and the others at npd ect, but if all i seem to get from this site is " DONT FISH WHERE THERE IS BASS"( pretty sure there are other fish other than bass in the rivers) or pictures of great fish being caught with no clue as to where i can go to try for the same and hopefully put some pics up here too with where and how i caught them... hey what a waste of my time and internet download it is to get on here: i can get pictures like these and others from foxtel and magazines. everyone is about boost fishing for the younger generation ect ect yet myself not a youngen but a newbie to brisbane know what i know and where to go by the local qld fishing monthly magazine and what i read about on here with basic knowledge.

to be honest this site really hasnt been highly informative for me . i love getting on here and reading the stories and success. i can appreciate that people have learnt things over time how to and what to use ect ect but if we lived by the rule i had to work it out the hard way so should you.... why have apprenticehips or why have schools? that attidude is not a good attitude to have in any form. if i have found a way to do something easier or quicker or anything in that form im more than happy to share it.. my success is more than happily shared amongst others as so they can create thier own sucess...... yep im waffling now. sorry.

didnt mean to offend anyone. :silly:

If its where I think it is its also closed season for bass Fly = toga and maybe bass. Beetle spin mainly = bass.

It is the prerogative of the person who posts if they wish to share a location or their methods.

There are plenty of people who do educate and share but you also must be prepared to do a bit of detective work and work out locations yourself.

I realize that some members are new to Brisbane and are not familiar with abbreviations such as NPD but I am fairly certain that if they PM the person who posts they may be prepared to share on a one on one basis rather than post it on the forum.

CHeers

Ray

I don't always advertise my spots online, but invite AFOers along all the time, and most of the spots I have found by using googlemaps and my awesome :blush: fishing abilities. If the site is a waste of your time, its easy enough to delete your account

With the sort of attitude displayed, I doubt I'll be inviting you along any time soon.

Back on topic,

A welcome suprise Nog getting a 'toga to take a fly with the cool weather. Nice work

Cmon nog, where is it? What time did u get there? how many casts? What were you wearing ? What was the weather doing? What did u eat for breakfast that morning? What fly did u use? What's your favorite music? If I butter my toast will I catch one too ?

Well done norm I hope I didn't miss anything

I do realize that the Bass closed season does not apply to the the dams stated below but seriously Bass in this Dam are not going to be able to spawn and I know this Dam is being considered to become part of the SIPs Program. If I ever heard of someone being charged for catching bass in this dam or the headwaters I would organize the march on parliament house myself. I target Toga with a Spinner bait and I do not think you should be excluded from fishing these areas because you may catch a bass especially given the argument above.

"Australian bass

A closed season applies to Australian bass throughout Queensland from 1 June to 31 August except in and from waterways upstream of Baroon Pocket, Bjelke-Petersen, Boondooma, Borumba, Cania, Cressbrook, Fred Haigh (Lake Monduran), Gordonbrook, Hinze, Lenthalls, Maroon, Moogerah, North Pine, Somerset, Wuruma and Wivenhoe dams; Claude Wharton and Jones weirs; Isis Balancing Storage (Lake Gregory) and Clarendon, Dyer (Bill Gunn Dam) and MacDonald lakes." QDPI Website

I don't always advertise my spots online, but invite AFOers along all the time, and most of the spots I have found by using googlemaps and my awesome :blush: fishing abilities. If the site is a waste of your time, its easy enough to delete your account

With the sort of attitude displayed, I doubt I'll be inviting you along any time soon.

Back on topic,

A welcome suprise Nog getting a 'toga to take a fly with the cool weather. Nice work

i didnt think i had a bad attidute towards this in any form ... i was mearly expressing my opininion and what i was thinking. i apologised if i did offend anyone but thanks for the delteing account advice seems this is the thing to promote to new users!

I do realize that the Bass closed season does not apply to the the dams stated below but seriously Bass in this Dam are not going to be able to spawn and I know this Dam is being considered to become part of the SIPs Program. If I ever heard of someone being charged for catching bass in this dam or the headwaters I would organize the march on parliament house myself. I target Toga with a Spinner bait and I do not think you should be excluded from fishing these areas because you may catch a bass especially given the argument above.

All it takes is one rain event and the dam will spill and allow the bass to reach the salt.

The lake is not being considered for inclusion in the SIPS scheme but is being considered to be included in the exempted waters.

There are quite a few waters that need reviewing-re their participation in the closed season but in the meantime the law is quite specific and should be obeyed .

If people think that a regulation is incorrect they should raise the matter with the relevant authority and wait for a determination rather than do what they blike.

Sorry Norm to Hijack the post. only one more comment from me. I have previously written to the QDPI about this issue and the silly Tilapia rules as well. I stand corrected on the SIPs inclusion. The reality is that catching a fish and releasing it will put the Fish under far less stress than going over a spillway in my opinion. I think that the law is typical of a lot of the laws and poorly written. I will bang off another email to them again and express my displeasure but the last one did not seem to make a difference.

ahhh im just jealous because i cant catch fish like that, or even know where to go to do so:

not having a go at anyone and i can appreciate that small creeks and holes would have some seceretivity to it for those reasons, but a lake?

i come onto this website to look for information as to where i can go to catch fish like these beautys and the others at npd ect, but if all i seem to get from this site is " DONT FISH WHERE THERE IS BASS"( pretty sure there are other fish other than bass in the rivers) or pictures of great fish being caught with no clue as to where i can go to try for the same and hopefully put some pics up here too with where and how i caught them... hey what a waste of my time and internet download it is to get on here: i can get pictures like these and others from foxtel and magazines. everyone is about boost fishing for the younger generation ect ect yet myself not a youngen but a newbie to brisbane know what i know and where to go by the local qld fishing monthly magazine and what i read about on here with basic knowledge.

to be honest this site really hasnt been highly informative for me . i love getting on here and reading the stories and success. i can appreciate that people have learnt things over time how to and what to use ect ect but if we lived by the rule i had to work it out the hard way so should you.... why have apprenticehips or why have schools? that attidude is not a good attitude to have in any form. if i have found a way to do something easier or quicker or anything in that form im more than happy to share it.. my success is more than happily shared amongst others as so they can create thier own sucess...... yep im waffling now. sorry.

Well mate, there are a bunch of resources on the site you might not be aware of, in fact by the sounds of it you probably arnt. I dont know too many people who leave disapointed but that aside, Id hate to see you get the wrong idea about where people are coming from in one post. I'll give you an example. Over a period of three years I go back and forward over the bay with the sounder and gps, spending probably a few grand in fuel, bait ect, looking for snapper spots of my own, now I have a few good marks, am I a prick for not posting them, no I worked hard for them, will I take you out as a deckie if the spot comes up and let you enjoy fishing those spots, yep sure will. So for a lot of guys they dont want to just write the spot up, we've all seen threadie hotspots get crowded after a post or two, or some ETidiot haha puts the spot on tv. If you go back over older posts and are not able to find info on red hot fishing spots in Brisbane I'll pay for the reading tutor :P:P

The other thing: Keep your eye on the going fishing posts, there are always invites and deckie spots that open up, that way you can get to know a few of the guys as well as finding some good spots.. cheers

Well mate, there are a bunch of resources on the site you might not be aware of, in fact by the sounds of it you probably arnt. I dont know too many people who leave disapointed but that aside, Id hate to see you get the wrong idea about where people are coming from in one post. I'll give you an example. Over a period of three years I go back and forward over the bay with the sounder and gps, spending probably a few grand in fuel, bait ect, looking for snapper spots of my own, now I have a few good marks, am I a prick for not posting them, no I worked hard for them, will I take you out as a deckie if the spot comes up and let you enjoy fishing those spots, yep sure will. So for a lot of guys they dont want to just write the spot up, we've all seen threadie hotspots get crowded after a post or two, or some ETidiot haha puts the spot on tv. If you go back over older posts and are not able to find info on red hot fishing spots in Brisbane I'll pay for the reading tutor :P:P

The other thing: Keep your eye on the going fishing posts, there are always invites and deckie spots that open up, that way you can get to know a few of the guys as well as finding some good spots.. cheers

cheers bass tracker, as i said i didnt mean to upset anybody or take over old mates post here, just expressing an opinion.

i love reading the stories that get posted up on here and the pics that everyone catches, especially the freshwater pics. and when my new boat arrives in a couple of weeks ill have the oppurtunity to go out and spend time looking for those spots for myself.

again this shouldnt have been taken the wrong way i wasnt having a shot at anyone.

[attachment:7]C:\fakepath\P1260143 AFO.jpg[/attachment

post-6374-144598646789_thumb.jpg

post-6374-14459864678_thumb.jpg

post-6374-144598646776_thumb.jpg

post-6374-144598646771_thumb.jpg

The Toga were stocked there to be fished for.

As were the Bass, Mary's,Yellas and Gar.

FREE access for all enjoy it, handle the Toga carefully, a net is easy to carry if you are not confident handling them. Lip grips best not used as they are mouthbrooders and can interupt breeding.

The big Togas are smart and a challenge to catch, some of them are over 25 years old and have been well educated.

Pics are from the same lake :whistle:

post-6374-144598646798_thumb.jpg

Archived