Castnet Bonuses!!!

kiara_poltegerist

Went castnetting this evening with AngGoLee before a session of fishing. Managed a 60cm+ salmon in the castnet, and finally managed to convince him that it was possible to get them in the castnet there regularly :D. wahaha. thx for the help bringing it up mate! :D.. your turn next!

fishing wasnt too good, a cattie that went ballistic with AngGo's live prawn, screaming off, another huge salmon that wrapped me around a pontoon -_-, but yea, good trip overall. the bannana prawns are up the river again, so yeaa :D.. good spirits all around :D. managed a 40cm flattie in the castnet yesterday too, C&R'd it.

saw something funny lol - a possum swimming about in the river. didnt know they could swim! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/salmon1.JPG

post-1023-144598418586_thumb.jpg

kez wrote:

wat do u reckon would be the best time for the bananna prawns

er, depends alot on the tide and water conditions mate, and on your location on the river too. from what i've managed to learn about my part of the river, the salinity is very important, if the fresh is down, the prawns go back down. i prefer a rising or dropping tide.

Archived