1 was smart 1 was lucky and 5 were landed

keen_as

I was supposed to floating around the Coomera in the yak today, but things didn't go to plan.

So instead I went to my ever faithful bass spot, and they sure turned it on for me.

I started off in a hole that I've been working for the past couple of weeks where I've had hits but never managed to hook up.

I tied on a nice new 1/8th TT spinner in white/purple and got smacked on the first cast.

post-7081-14459869101_thumb.jpg

The hole is quite small so I moved on strait after releasing the fish.

Next hole, first cast bang, on again. This little fella didn't want to play fair and headed for the wood. But after some careful manoeuvring I got him out.

post-7081-144598691018_thumb.jpg

(The smart one. :angry: )

I stayed at the same pool and put a cast in over the top of a fallen tree thinking I'd jump the spinner over it and let it fall next to it. Spinner hit the water and fell, I started bring it up and got smashed. I managed to bring the fish up and over the log (and it was a bloody good sized fish,) after a lot of lose a bit gain a bit I almost had him on the bank and he decided he wanted none of it and shot off again. He took me down deep into the timber, so I put the reel into free spool and waited for him to swim out. I felt him still pulling so I gave a bit of a tug back. The fish went nuts, pulled forward and the leader gave out. (think I might have to up the leader to 10lb in the wood now.) From what I saw of it this fish would've been a new PB :( but I know it's there now, so I'll be back chasing it soon.

Moved on to the next spot and tied on my go to atomic (gloss camo.)

This time I was onto a fish on the second cast. Another small one.

post-7081-144598691024_thumb.jpg

I dropped one more at this hole due to the treble breaking on the atomic. :blink: (the lucky one.)

post-7081-144598691042_thumb.jpg

Put in a couple more casts there but it went quiet. On to the next pool. This time 3rd cast.

He wanted to play in the timber too, but I got it out.

post-7081-14459869103_thumb.jpg

Another cast to the sang at the other end and whack, this one jumps on.

post-7081-144598691036_thumb.jpg

Had to get home after that to pick up the rug rats, so I left em biting.

It's good to see there are some bigger fish finally moving back into this system

Archived