2011 AFO Christmas Party... Ideas?

Angus

Hey there gang.

Well its that time where I need to put some thought into the only event of the year where we do not fish (traditionally speaking)... The annual X-mas party!

I have hada few suggestions thrown my way but would like some further input..

Ideas include:

Having something on the evening of the 2011 Austackle Brisbane River Classic. Would that conflict to much with fishing?

Just nominating a time, date and place/pub to meet and pay our own way informally...

Doing a BBQ in a park again like last year. This was a good day despite the weather!

Trying to organise a big social fish? Although from past experience this really limits the opportunity to actually catch up...

Anyway I was going to make this a poll but would prefer to leave it more open to suggestion, feedback and new ideas...

Cheers guys!

Angus

g'day Angus how about your place i'm sure tayna won't mind lol.

Mate I'm keen to the family thing in the park again as as you said last year was great apart from the weather and a pub later for all the big kids and henry :whistle: :whistle:

Again thanks to yourself,jonny and all for another great year and to more of the same next year only better.

g'day Angus how about your place i'm sure tayna won't mind lol.

Mate I'm keen to the family thing in the park again as as you said last year was great apart from the weather and a pub later for all the big kids and henry :whistle: :whistle:

Again thanks to yourself,jonny and all for another great year and to more of the same next year only better.

Dassa the ability to take families was a serious consideration when we chose the picnic in a park scenario.

Anyone know if the facilities (toilets etc) are back up and running at Colleges?

Awesome guys.

Well Parks looking good!

Any suggestions?

A lot of good river ones are still in recovery mode. If we are going to make it a family affair (which I think is great) we could always consider something that may require a tiny bit more travel but compensated by some lovely scenery...

Examples...

Baroon Pocket Dam

Ewan Maddock Dam (dont know what facilities are like there though)

Lake Currumundi

Theres Logan River Parklands or Alexander Clark Park which both have great facilities.

Also half way between bris city and the gold coast so pretty central for everyone and an easy trip down the gateway for anyone from up north.

There's a good ramp and plenty of shore fishing if any one wants to have a fish for sharks,bream,flatties,odd jew ect.

Park underneath story bridge at Kangaroo Point is great, and awesome pub just up the road, and close to public transport, quick walk from Brunswick St or Central Station, I can bring some BBQ's if you want, have a good portable one, but I am pretty sure there are BBQ's there

sounds good

Park underneath story bridge at Kangaroo Point is great, and awesome pub just up the road, and close to public transport, quick walk from Brunswick St or Central Station, I can bring some BBQ's if you want, have a good portable one, but I am pretty sure there are BBQ's there

sounds good

Does sound like a pretty good option. The park under under the kangaroo point cliffs could be good as well and closer to trains with a similar walk to the pub afterwards...

Angus

sounds good

and you could have a fish from there too

link to park

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=kangaroo+point&ll=-27.465639,153.034932&spn=0.001816,0.003034&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=Kangaroo+Point+Queensland&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6

sounds good

Does sound like a pretty good option. The park under under the kangaroo point cliffs could be good as well and closer to trains with a similar walk to the pub afterwards...

Angus

nice and central too, and lots of parking, there are good picnic areas to snag if you get there early, I have a 3 x 3m marquee I can bring if you want

Awesome guys.

Well Parks looking good!

Any suggestions?

A lot of good river ones are still in recovery mode. If we are going to make it a family affair (which I think is great) we could always consider something that may require a tiny bit more travel but compensated by some lovely scenery...

Examples...

Baroon Pocket Dam

Ewan Maddock Dam (dont know what facilities are like there though)

Lake Currumundi

What about Wivenhoe?? They have great facilities there and its pretty good to have a swim as well

this sounds pretty good....

Archived