2012 Summer Classic - Noosa!

AFO

There will be no unique items emailed.

They will all be required to be picked up from the HQ.

Sorry for the change but it needed to be made due to unreliable service coverage up there and also the possibility of lack of printers

Article will be posted soon we just wanted to give earliest heads up.

AFO

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tides are 5 hours plus for the mouth of Cootharaba compared to the tides at the river mouth so if its high tide at the river mouth at 4:55am on Friday morning it's low tide at Cootharaba mouth at 3:55am. Depth will vary only about .3 mtr from high to low tide because of the amount of water in Cootharaba.

For the lates report from davos go to this web address http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/feb0212.htm ther was a nice barra caught last week :)

Hey Greg I was up your way today and called into hooked on tackle and they were saying it had been quiet up the top of the river and lake but he hadn't been up there for about 2 weeks so whats your thought on that

I am expecting it to be very quite above the lakes Dassa but I am still heading up there.

I am more interested in looking around Kin Kin and the Everglades and if we get a fish well that will be a bonus.

can you put a small boat in the lake and get to the river o.k.?

You can launch at boreen point boat ramp and head across the lake to the river that joins the two lakes.

Lake Cootharaba is around 1.5 to 2 metres deep across most of the lake

When we launched last time i had to just put out with a high trim for a bout 20/30 metres as it was around .4 to .6 of a metre, once we got to slightly deeper water was then able to get crackin, once you're on the plane don't stop lol

P.S my boat is a 4.35 metre with a 75 on the back

Good to see people are coming up this morning. Please come say hi and register. I had an early rush but I'm getting a bored now. Stupid me for advertising a 5 hour hq today :(

Managed a couple of bream pre dawn today though so all good.

[attachment:1][/attachment]

post-2216-144598757518_thumb.jpg

ANother great event. Cheers AFO :cheer:

Snapped my Nordic stage yesterday on an unnamed specimen using an unusual method. (No, I wasn't fishing with Ted lol). Almost cried :(

The only prize I have ever won in a AFO comp when I came first in the Lucky Door Prize at 2011 State of Origin. :(:(

Then today I came last in the packing up as well :pinch:

The Force got through a full tank of juice and is still working. :woohoo: :woohoo: That's the best achievement I was wishing for, so I'm over Eug's bottom* with that. B)

*the Moon that is.

The chats and banter around the Clayton's campfire were, as usual, the best bit. Cheers to the attendees (even the stealthy ones), and also to those attendees that left the circle of influence but maintained communication and conversational input via other methods....you know who you are and some of you know how you did it too. :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :lol:

Thanks.

Big thanks to the Dassa clan. I had my campsite setup for me and my tackle box mess cleaned up.

Mate your kids are perfectly behaved. I will swap you yours for mine.

During the weekend i found many empty beer bottles in my bed. And strangly enough they were not the brand of beer i was drinking.

Also found the handle of my diawa SOL missing. Lucky THE FORCE in all its glory was keeping a close eye on it For me.

Anyway tell me again why i Havnt been to an event for some time. Ive definatelly been missing out.

And no one should bag the Force again. It went like a rocket. Well after the safety lanyard was put back on it did. :P:P

Well what a weekend! I had an absolute blast, as has been mentioned most of the fish were living in waters that weren't the Noosa River but that hardly matters with these socials and some ripper fish were weighed in at the end. The campsite was a most enjoyable place to be aside from the bears that seemed to be hanging around when we went to bed, or was that Dassa? :lol: Thankyou very much to Angus, the AFO crew and all the sponsors for putting on a great event, pretty stoked to have nabbed a lucky door prize too :woohoo: I'm pretty sure I have succesfully managed to turn microant off kayaking for good as well :whistle: :S

Thanks again to all (except Kreel, you know why :P ) and it was great to meet and put some faces to names as well. For anyone that hasn't been to an event yet then get along to the next one, you'll have a ball and meet a great bunch of people in the process.

Oh and by the way if anyone is ever heading up that way then a few of us can definitely recommend the Appollonian as a great place for a feed and a couple of brews :cheer:

Cheers and beers,

Ant(h) :kiss:

Well this is going to be a quick round up from me as there is very little (read nothing) in the way of fish to talk about.

Firstly a big thanks to AFO, Angus, Appolonian Pub, sponsers, w@nker at Boreen Point Campground, and everyone else for making this another great event. Gus, you have hit the nail on the head with this one. It was an awesome location, great timings for those who travelled distances, massive swag of prizes, good pub venue and I think it reflected in the roll up in both numbers and diversity of entrants. Did I mention the w@nker at the campground?

We rock up there after making a confirmed booking over a month ago to be told we are not on 'the list' and therefore do not have a powered site allocated. Was told we could squeeze in over here or over there and when I pointed out that we were confirmed and already there and others hadnt arrived yet he continued to insist that they were confirmed bookings as well and this list was the list. I think he realised I was not going to let up when he said there is an extra power point in this pole or that pole and I told him I didnt want an 'extra' power point but just the one I had booked and paid for, so he made a retreat back to the office. Even today when I politely pointed out that 3 powered sites had remained vacant for the entire weekend and he could have allocated one of those sites to us and no one would be any the wiser, he still insisted they were confirmed bookings. Anyway its not done and dusted yet, we will find your hooch crop!

Set up camp with my mate Freshy who was also boss, and skipper for the weekend. Thanks champ for a relaxing and enjoyable weekend away and it was a shame we couldnt get some fish runs on the board, but I guess thats fishing.

Met a number of AFO'ers I hadnt met before and look forward to having more of a chat and a fish with them soon, and was also grea to speak with other guys I hadnt seen for a year and its strange but you just seem to carry on the conversation where you left off last time.

Learned some new bits of trivia around 'The Cirlce' drinks on both days. Did you know that a) Mal likes a drink B) Eugene is part Asian, and c) a banana is actually a herb. I knew 2 of the 3 answers but you could have bowled me over when I found out Tina Eug had some Asian in him.

Speaking of bananas, came back to camp to find a banana in my stubbie cooler and Eug blowing up deluxe about the 'prank' I had played on him and others. Denied all knowledge, cause I really couldnt lay claim to something I didnt know about anyway and he sheepishly retreated with his banana in hand (so to speak)

Well thats about it, yea we did get 4 sessions of fishing in and after dropping 2 fish in the first 2 casts down on the sand flats in the mouth only managed to boat 2 lizards each all weekend, so I will write this one off to a social event rather than a fishing comp and tick the competent box as we succeeded in being social.

Cheers again all,

had a great time just so stuffed now

my girls had a blast and as shortie said Dassa's girls are fantastic you should be proud mate.

Zara was pretty stoked to win the junior category and let me know on the way home that I did not even catch a fish :blush:

I would do it all again tomorrow if I could

What a great event everyone!

One of my favourites so far! I will get a proper report up hopefully tonight or tomorrow night (have long days at work today and tomorrow sorry).

I actually managed to have a fish at the event which is a novelty and although fishing was tough Manni and I managed 10-15 bream each in one night session, some being real stonkers. Lots of rubbish hits nd 2 lost opportunities didnt sour things for me as a non competitor but I think Manni wishes he took some heavier gear that night :P

I think the categories were good with the only one not being entered the Barra, which was always going to be the outside possibility.

Although Bass replaced Bream at this event I think we would add Bream back next time, but keep Bass as well.

Cheers.

Angus

Archived