Jacks and Jew

nabs

Hey all,

I wrote up a big report but my computer seems to be struggling with simple tasks and crashed. So I'll make this quick. Been doing a bit of fishing of late. Not much catching though :unsure:

Lots of time put in chasing jacks. Its been hard work and pretty fruitless.

Best one I mananged to land was this guy going 53cm. Caught in a creek north of Brissy.

post-107-144598717663_thumb.jpg

Also got into a few jewies from the Brissy river. Nothing huge though. Went out for a flick after a few donuts on the jacks. This got my spirits up and was a good way to break in the new Nordic Stage Favourite. The rod handled them very well, matched to a 3000 Luvias.

post-107-144598717259_thumb.jpg

post-107-144598717269_thumb.jpg

post-107-144598717641_thumb.jpg

This morning I went out for flick to one of the spots where I have been missing ALOT of jacks. Throwing poppers early in the morning has resulted in quite a few missed hook ups, straightened hooks and bust offs. Finally managed to land this guy going about 45cm. Also caught on the Favourite. I cant believe how far this rod casts my little 60mm bubble pop. Very happy with it and Im sure its going to land a few more jacks this season.

post-107-144598717653_thumb.jpg

At the start of this summer my aim was to get a jack over 50 on a lure. Now that I have done it, I have to set another. 50cm+ on surface sounds like my new goal :D

Cheers

Archived