Lake Dwyer.

rayke1938

Went up to Esk over the weekend and on Saturday morning my bithday beer was still hot and son in law was at work and I got sick of missis talking cr@p about days of our drearies to daughter I decided to go for a bit of a drive. Went down to Laidley to sus out Lake Dwyer. It is only 1% of capacity and looks a bit soft around the edge for boat launching.

There was no one fishing just a bloke birdwatching who got a bit peeved when I made him move his telescope from where he had it set up right in the middle of the track leading to the water.

The dam is part of the SIP group and stocked with bass and yellas and a few cod. There are also tandanus and spangled there.

Very nice caracan park with a few families tenting there for the school hols.

So next time I go to Esk looks like I will be trying out my canoe.

With only 1 % of water the fish will either be very hungry and concentrated or maybe they may have already died.

Has anyone ever fished there?

Ray

I remember reports from a year or two back, I also have a vague memory of it being closed at one stage.

Below 4% is supposed to be a problem for fish like barra and bass, but I have seen yellow belly pulled out of absolute cess pits of shallow water holes out west, so a fair chance they will still be there!.

Archived