Event Format - Your Preference?

AFO

Event Format - Your Preferance?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Event Format - Your Preferance?

• 100% Tangible (Physical HQ/Submissions/Awards
    • 100% Intangible (Online submissions, awards)
    • 50/50% (Online Submissions/Physical Social/Awards)

Please choose the one you would prefer to see more of.

Bare in mind this is a balancing act.

If you like 10 Day events Option 1 is not feasible and 2 or 3 must be considered.

If you like 1 day events Option 1 is more feasible but not mandatory.

Physical (Tangible) events are always going to cost more to run so this will be factor is regularity, feasibility and the size of prizes and significantly affect the entry fee.

So please consider what you have answered for previous marketing surveys.

Thanks.

The Team

AFO

Bare in mind we are talking from an admin perspective. Not an event perspective.

Every tangible hq we have had has resulted in countless hours staffing it for no reason.

This doesn't stop people being physically at an event with the event being managed virtually.

Angus

I cant seen why an event HQ needs to be manned prior to a day or weekend style event. Entry fees are all collected on line, instructions, number and symbol print outs are emailed night prior to event or close to event start time and the event HQ is then only manned at conclusion of event.

I kind of like the weigh in style HQ too. Live tanks, aeratored eskys, framed keeper net for land based fishos and weigh in your biggest fish alive or dead if you wish and that way people can go ohhh and ahhhh... and get a picture as Jeff said.

I cant seen why an event HQ needs to be manned prior to a day or weekend style event. Entry fees are all collected on line, instructions, number and symbol print outs are emailed night prior to event or close to event start time and the event HQ is then only manned at conclusion of event.

I kind of like the weigh in style HQ too. Live tanks, aeratored eskys, framed keeper net for land based fishos and weigh in your biggest fish alive or dead if you wish and that way people can go ohhh and ahhhh... and get a picture as Jeff said.

Agree with this in theory.

I think a major consideration in the photo entry change over was inclusion.

We did not want copious dead fish brought in for a dead weigh in (some by people that dont eat fish) especially as community that has desire to promote sustainabilty.

But we wanted people who dont have the required equipment to keep fish alive for prolonged periods to still be able to enter.

Take Threadfin Salmon.

Realistically its a photo or a dead fish. Same with Jew, Sharks etc.

Angus

There are a few reliable and responsible adults within the membership that could have tasks/help delegated to them. In particular I think of the issuing of numbers and signing registrations and being told specific things.

It's not rocket science and may be able to alleviate some of those long hours of sitting and twiddling.

There are a few reliable and responsible adults within the membership that could have tasks/help delegated to them. In particular I think of the issuing of numbers and signing registrations and being told specific things.

It's not rocket science and may be able to alleviate some of those long hours of sitting and twiddling.

Agree, similar to a fishing club ? The one I used to be vie chairman of had a committee that used to organize big fishing comps to raise money for the club and each committee member had different responsibilities from raising prizes from sponsors to manning weigh bays , on site registrations etc

Archived