Tuna Social May 27th 2012

PlasticFantastic

Okay i know its still a couple of months away yet but I need to plan this and how you guys want it run. Ideally i would like it to be a Longtail event but the reality is that its possible no one on day the catches one so i propose to just make it a Tuna Social so Mac Tuna could be included to broaden the catches a little.

Launch site could be either at Raby Bay vmr meaning people could fish the southern bay and the GrandView pub is just up the road for afterwards or launch at the port and hit the northern bay, personally Raby Bay and the pub my first preference what do you guys prefer?

Fish will be measured to the fork in the tail and will be based on length not weight, a photo is all thats needed but those who want to keep for a feed will be welcome to have the fished sighted at the end of the day also.

Bait or lures it doesnt matter use what ever you prefer.

Boundries, being a roaming fish there wont be any boundries set except for maybe staying in the bay and not heading offshore just need to be back in time for the results.

Entry fee will be $10 and will be divived up similar to how Tugger has his Snapper event set up but i will finalsie it closer to the date.

Anyone who is coming along and has deckie spots available please post them up so others can join in the fun.

Weather, hope it ends up good but if the forcast ends up at 30 knots it might be a bit messy but we will just have to wait until the event is closer for that one.

Bbq would be good but im not personally that keen on suppling food and not having people show so the pub could be a good idea or a bbq and byo meat could be the go, ideas?

Any ideas that anyone else has throw them up here and the final event details will be confrimed closer to the date.

Cheers

Mark

Ill fit with whatever.

Looking forward to this a lot.

Like the idea of a "Tuna" general social so if no one gets a Longy something else, even a bonito could win.

Logically thinking, most any Longy would smash the average macky, but if someone catches a horse... Well done!

I dont know enough of the spots to add any opinion RE ramps so will fit in.

Also looking for a deckie spot :)

Angus

Sounds good Mark, I like your idea of the grandview, people could park their boats in the park below and have good vision of the boats whilst grabbing a feed or just a cold ale. Will have a couple of deckie spots, but will plan closer to the event. Should be a good day, great idea adding other tuna species, at least then Mark you wont get a donut.

Andrew

Giving a hint on what might be one of the best colours for plastics :whistle: :whistle:

post-7753-144598773575_thumb.jpg

Make sure everyone actually RSVP's in the actual group.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/132-afo-social-fishing-comp-moreton-bay-longtail-tuna?groupid=92

This will make things easier to plan as the date draws closer and will make sure you receieve any messages if plans change.

Angus

good idea with the hand signal and when meeting in the morning for the breifing you can get the signal for the day then

This is gonna be an awesome event!!

Keen for a deckie spot if there is a spare??

Also maybe a speical hand signal on the day? like FOTM?

good idea with the hand signal and when meeting in the morning for the breifing you can get the signal for the day then

YESSS!!!! heheh, just need a deckie spot :P how ya reckon ill go getting out in the tinny hahah

YESSS!!!! heheh, just need a deckie spot :P how ya reckon ill go getting out in the tinny hahah

depends on the day

depends on the day

arh yeah whatever.

haha the day my arse, a litte water wont hurt anyone .... and a saw bottom hahah, well thats you anyone hugo, i got the comfy seat :evil:

I got my son that weekend but I may be able to swing something.......I want to attend as many of these as I can. I've got a 4m vnose punt with only an 18hp....might be allright in the bay if the weather is really good but probably not with another on board.....is there anywhere I could get to realistically to have a crack at a tuna? Would probably turn up just for the social side anyway and just fish near raby bay then catch up at the pub.....

Archived