Man caught with 600 times legal fish limit

Glenn S

I agree shortie that it should be averaged to daily. But even then, this guy was waaaay over the limit. 3000 fillets divided by 2 = 1500, divided by 60 (total days) is 25. Meaning he was still 5 times the bag limit per day!

Beat me to it. Different maths, but still hahaah

I caught 3 flatties the other day and almost gave up filleting half way through, filleting 1500 of the buggers... this bloke deserves a medal!

Id be curious how the hell he managed to catch that many flatties. Maybe they just jumped in his boat?

poor bastard.

8 week trip.

bag limit should be what is caught on the day not what you have in total

I gotta disagree with you for this one shortie. Because there is no need to have more then the total bag limit sitting in your freezer because it would just be a waste, it better off having them fresh or your better of buying it from the shops.

If I ever get to have an 8 week fishing trip in my lifetime (except when I retire which will be a never ending fishing trip :) ) I would take only what I would eat that day/night for the people I was dining with and maybe towards the end of the trip keep a few special fish for a special meal when I got back.

Surely aquiring that many fish to start with has been done illegally (gill nets etc) and the purpose of taking that many for commercial gain. $10000 sounds good to me.

Pretty much the same info on the fisheries facebook page.
/>http://www.facebook.com/notes/fisheries-queensland/big-fine-to-protect-fish-sustainability/372341736150802

I have re-uploaded their pic here also, for those curious what some of the 2915 pieces of flathead fillets look like :blink: .

post-6445-1445987878_thumb.jpg

Archived