AFO wanderers camping at Blakesleys nth Stradie july 20/22

tugger

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no worries mate, ill try taking some of the nails out, ive experience nails n chainsaws before lol not a great mix !

i did cut it up already with a circular saw, im pretty sure most pieces will be ok, there may be the odd longer one that needs chopping!

should be a good fire, my swag will take up one corner!!

is it fire proof, might not be a good idea with the wind, but as long as you have your PPE on. :whistle:

If anyone else needs me to bring any gear over with me tomorrow is your last chance to order it.

I will be placing any orders at lunchtime,anything after that will not get delivered here in time to have for this weekend.

Also anyone taking a boat over,if possible take your fenders or something like old life jackets that can be used as a fender.

The long anchor ropes that will need to be used will allow for a lot of sideways movement of your boats when the tides change so fenders to protect both your boat and the boat beside you will be necessary.

i have made 1 batch of honey/soy...1kg and i have another batch marinating for tonights dehydrator, soy/mexican/sweet chilli. i will try and do another batch thursday night as well. hope this goes down well with the beers guy/girls.

i just have 1 problem, keeping the jerky away from ash

post-8878-144598827697_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598827704_thumb.jpg

That will go down well with a few coldies

i have made 1 batch of honey/soy...1kg and i have another batch marinating for tonights dehydrator, soy/mexican/sweet chilli. i will try and do another batch thursday night as well. hope this goes down well with the beers guy/girls.

i just have 1 problem, keeping the jerky away from ash

[attachment=53183]jerky.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=53184]nextbatch.jpg[/attachment]

1 sleep to go and all my gear is packed lookin forward to getting over there this should be a good spot for future socials and might look at doing another like this in 5 to 6 weeks time again

Tipplers is also a very good place to camp on south straddie. In winter time it should be quiet. I went to show my partner in easter, and it was packed!

I'll be leaving at 5AM Sat from Rudy Marrs, I will have free spots if anyone needs a ride over or for me to carry some gear. I camp light, so should have a bit of room in my boat.

What boat are you bringing Dave

well just my luck i have car troubles too now ,but should get it sorted today .Friday is working packing etc .we will see u guys Saturday :)

should have the trailer sorted which i working on now will bring the 14 1/2 ft glass ,its going to handle the wind better .its almost flat bottom can drive about in 50 cm (under 2 foot) of water ,probably the same draft as the tinny with the 25 on the back anyway.

the tinny would be pretty average with 3 guys and this wind forecast.

hey guys alas can't make it for the weekend but will be coming over on the cat sat morn and floating down your way in the yak. keep an eye out for an orange scrambler come over and say g'day or i may catch you at blakeley's good luck to all. ezy

just a quick reminder, for anyone nervous or looking for a different option to leaving cars at boat ramps, i live in cleveland behind the grand view hotel. if you would like to leave your cars/ car n trailer at mine its perfectly safe, either on the grass or if you have a car only in the unit complex in the visitor parks.

cheers

callum

53 shore street East

cleveland

As you go along north street past the RSL the next street on your right is wharf street. Go down till you see the grassy verge with three units facing out towards you, park there, or the entry to the units is just past the cross section on the left!

I can't camp overnight now unfortunately. Going to see my best mates new baby boy Sunday morning and then have to get some stuff ready for my youngest brother who gets in from living in the UK late Sunday night (has to work Monday the silly bugger!!!!).

Am leaving from Vic Point ramp at some stage in the morning on Saturday (gentlemans hours) with a mate in my tinny and two other mates tagging along so I'll fish with them til mid-arvo most likely and then if time allows I'll try to duck over to Blakesley's for a catch up and game of cricket if it's happening.

Hopefully this missing this one increases my chances of doing the tailor social and also another Blakesley's weekend if it goes ahead.

Hopefully see some of you on Sat. If you are fishing the channels around Macleay and the other nearby islands on Sat say g'day if you see a white 14ft tinny with a white 30hp Johnson and two clowns trying to catch fish. Kelvin.

Archived