AFO wanderers camping at Blakesleys nth Stradie july 20/22

tugger

Going have a camping social at Blakesleys anchorage just south of Dunich on nth stradie as its a better option for the area with camp fires allowed and deeper water in front of the camp site for the boats rather than Peel island that doesn't allow fires and has a beach that goes out to far at low tide which we had considered.

Most of us throw up simple tent and i will bring a tarp, table and bbq for the middle of the camp. A fold up chair is essential for around the fire at night or some beach fishing relaxing style.

If the weather allows we'll get some of the bigger boats offshore fishing in the mornings other than that there is alot of fishing options around the bay nearby. Blakesleys is only accessable by boat and this time of year will be quiet over there so if you need a lift over we will try to organise it with the guys with boats.

These camps have always been a good way to introduce yourself to the AFO crew so if you haven't been to an event yet feel free to come along to the social. Most sized boats can make it over there safely but if you need a hand carrying extra gear we'll organise it with the bigger boats

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kurt, Ash, you can be my deckies if you want (if madmullet isn't ready). I will be bringing the rotisserie again so bring chooks if you want them roasted up, I will do another big pumpkin and a load of potatoes too. I have also got some good hardwood for the fire. If anyone needs a spare tent let me know as I have a spare 2 man. It is my B day on the 23rd, so we can celebrate that too, might even get my missus to make some fancy cake. Reckon I might take a few pots too. If Kurt ends up getting Madmullet on the water, I will have a deckie spot, I will save it for you shano if you are coming along.

i'll be there, unsure if my wife will be coming and might have Dad's boat for the weekend if he doesn't want to camp, might have to pick him up from the mainland if he wants to come along for a day. Otherwise i'll be begging for a deckie spot. Will know by the weekend

Kurt, Ash, you can be my deckies if you want (if madmullet isn't ready). I will be bringing the rotisserie again so bring chooks if you want them roasted up, I will do another big pumpkin and a load of potatoes too. I have also got some good hardwood for the fire. If anyone needs a spare tent let me know as I have a spare 2 man. It is my B day on the 23rd, so we can celebrate that too, might even get my missus to make some fancy cake. Reckon I might take a few pots too. If Kurt ends up getting Madmullet on the water, I will have a deckie spot, I will save it for you shano if you are coming along.

I will see if I can borrow Mal's temprite Esky for this one and bring along a couple of kegs.

Does anyone know if it is safe to leave the car and trailer around the ramps at Vic Point. I am keen to make this one and meet some more people from the site so they can give me a hard time about the No Spark post face to face. Looking forward to it :whistle:

OK,Thanks for that, so would it be safe in that area to leave the car and trailer for a couple of days ?

If your boat is not to big I'd be leaving my car at the ramp in cleveland next to the barges I have never had a problem leaving my car down there for the weekend

Ok thanks I will look into it. It would ruin the weekend to get back and the trailer be gone. The company car I could deal with but a long trip back to D,Bay by boat

Mate my trailer is secured wheel clamps and other devices chain it to mine and if they get nicked no insurance company would knock us back, I've been there several times and I'm real paronoid about the security and never had a problem. Threr'll be plenty of guys there bring a chain and have a goofd time

if you're concerned then you can leave it outside mine for a large price! hahahahaha

nah in all seriousness i always see cars n trailers left at raby bay and never seen one damanged yet, but i do have an area at mine that would fit 10plus cars n trailers. i used to leave my company box trailer there unlocked all week and only use it on weekends and believe me it was worth a fair few pennies!

Mine is about 10 mins walk back to the ramp though.

Callum

if you're concerned then you can leave it outside mine for a large price! hahahahaha

nah in all seriousness i always see cars n trailers left at raby bay and never seen one damanged yet, but i do have an area at mine that would fit 10plus cars n trailers. i used to leave my company box trailer there unlocked all week and only use it on weekends and believe me it was worth a fair few pennies!

Mine is about 10 mins walk back to the ramp though.

Callum

I might even take you up on that offer Callum if thats ok.

Mine will just be a car,no trailer.

Lance

i've been lucky enough to secure the use of dad's boat for this weekend. i'll be there from sometime on friday, haven't decided if i'm going to take the day off work yet.

i'll have a decky spot or 2 if neither Dad or my wife decide to join us. probably won't know that until a couple of days before hand

Archived