AFO wanderers camping at Blakesleys nth Stradie july 20/22

tugger

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any small tinnies going over.weather permitting of course.

I'm looking at going over on Saturday and coming back Sunday Bri. Thinking I might have a largely lures/plastics weekend to save worrying about ice for pillies (although will take the cast net as a back up!!!!).

Anyone know if the tuna are still around Peel?

my missus went shoping i told her to grab a chook from aldi make sure its a small one and she came back with a chook that ways 2 kilo i said that aint small she said F$#@ %#@$% #$%&hole get it your self next time so i will go during the week an i might even grap a big pav and dollop cream mmm yum gotta love pav

You will definitely get Telstra - I have fished around there and down behind Russel and had good service. Not sure about the other carriers. My number is 0407 118 915 if you need a number to give someone.

Any fishing tips for that general area Ted? Looks like a couple of mates will tag along with me just for Sat (not sure what time yet). So will probably poke around the small islands and channels in the area.

post-5342-144598825847_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598825856_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598825866_thumb.jpg

in this last pic is a wave break island mooring pully system laid out on the beach it goes to where the man is standing.iam sure the pully system will work if you lengthen the single rope that runs back to the tree.

the drop off happens very quick,the bow of the boat was beached and the transom/transducer was reading 3mtrs.

looks like flatty heaven there, cheers for the pics mick :) if i off load the kids i will make an appearance and target flatty..

yep sure is ;) peel island is like right there in front. so we should be able too see where teds boat ends up fishing at pancakes snapper hot spot and well go n smash it :evil: just jokes.

i don't have one of those fancy anchor pully systems, just a good couple of hundred meters of anchor rope. how deep does it look like it will be to wade out to the boat in the morning? that looks like its nice and shallow even at high tide to get out to the boats.

is there anything special i should bring besides shelter, drinks, ice, food and my drinking chair? i've got a gas light, primus 2 burner stove and a 3x3 supercheap tarp.

looks like its just me heading over, lindsey is planning on staying warm and dry at home while i go out and grab a feed of snapper. so i'll have a couple of spots on the boat if anyone needs a spot and wants to risk it with an inexperienced skipper

That's a long haul for the anchor systems.

If anyone needs another coil of rope or an anchor setup let me know.

I will need to order it by Wed lunchtime to have it here Thursday as I am going to the island early Friday morning and won't be here to get any orders.

I can take anyone's rope or kits over with me on Friday for you.

The standard shore anchor kit, I can do it for $195 for AFO members but you will need to get a promo code off me before it is purchased.

Anchor Ropes Here

Anchor Kits Here

mid day high tides,small ones too which will work in our favour. it would be knee deep......ish i think neal.the beach has a very low gradiant for the first 50-60mtrs of sand.

another thing.. leaving from rudy maars ramp took 40 mins going up past cabage tree 6knts under the power lines cutting in between maclay but its 6kts there as well for a bit of it past the ferries, the quickest way was to turn right(heading north)just before the power lines at cabage tree and dog leg it run up the inside of stradie and russel took 25 min.

rudymaars mariner comes with a $10 fee but ya car is safe and you can wash ya boat there too

Archived