Pro's tunnel netting at Straddy excellent vid.

rayke1938

pinched this from Nuggets site.

An excellent insight into current tunnel netting methods.

It has changed a lot over the years re bycatch and turtles and rays etc but basically reinforces my high regard for the bay pros who have always been very protective of their fishery.

Cheers

Ray
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf8KpVEuHAc

Hi Ray,

Thanks for post, great Vid, I knew these guys. my cousin and I went out with them a couple of times in our school holidays over 20 odd years ago. by memory we were going out with them between the ages of 10 - 13, so they knew that we couldn't really do much to help, but they were happy showing a couple of young lads who loved fishing how they fished for a living, and those expierences and memories we had will stay with us for a lifetime.

Also when we went fishing with them it was around the time they rowed their net boats around... :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Mick

It's always good to see real professionals at work. A lot of pros of all kinds have put a lot of time, money and effort into reducing bycatch and improving catach handling. It is a shame when they get thrown into the same pot as some of the cowboys.

A lot of people have no idea of the knowledge and fish spotting skills they have and I always have a big belly laugh when I hear of guys claiming netters shot "their" spot becasue they saw them catching fish there.

Archived