Aaron H

Having read Rayke's recent thread on Hinze and the boat ramps available, I am a bit confused as to which ones are still OK to access:unsure:

The GCCC web site says that Advance Town Road and Gilston Road entrances to the Dam will be closed and that there will be no access to the boat ramps loacted on the western and eastern side of the wall.

Has this work started yet, or are we still OK to launch from the ramp we used on the first day of the most recent AFO Hinze trip? This is the ramp that Aaron is planning to lauch from tomm.

If we can't use that ramp now, where is the ramp that Rayke mentions?

There are 4 boat ramps on the GCCC map, with ramp 1 being the one used recently and 2 is the ramp on the other side of the wall, has anyone used 3 or 4?
/>http://www.goldcoast.gov.au_standard.aspx?pid=7205

Can anyone help?

I cant access the link you refer to but it is still ok to use the old ramp we always have used at the end of advancetiwn road but I dont know how long for.

There is a gravel ramp beside the intake tower on the eastern arm but I think that it is also going to be closed as they are going to increase the height of the intake tower so that will leave the currently unuseable ramp at the Nunimbah end of the western arm the only ramp. I would hope that they will do some more work to make it useable.

Ray

After taking a wrong turn, I showed up at the ramp at about 8.15, Aaron had the boat off the trailer and ready to go.

The water level has indeed dropped noticably since the AFO Hinze trip in June, but launching in Aaron's little tiny was not a problem.

We headed off to the spot where I and Kath had good success last time out, not far from the ramp near the old quarry.

Within five minutes of the fist shrimp hitting the water, and on our first cast each, we were both on!:woohoo:

Aaron landed and released a feisty bass of about 35cm and mine was a bit bigger at just on 40cm. The bigger model went into the esky (a gift for my Mum and Dad who are keen on a feed of fish and havn't tried Bass).

In quick time Aaron's next bait got hammered and after a good fight taking a bit of line against drag, the fish won it's freedome by pulling the hooks.

We were thinking that we may be in for one of those magic days where every drop gets a fish, but things shut down as quickly as they began, so we moved on to another location.

The next couple of hours passed pleasantly with a few smaller fish from a number of points of the compass, but nothing to brag about.

The wind picked up later in the morning making things a bit uncomfortable, so we worked our way back to the ramp, stopping at my favourite spot again and picking up a few more fish, one about 37cm for Aaron and a 43cm for me. Tip to tip this beat my PB by 0.5cm, so I was happy with that.

Back to the ramp we went, to clean up the two 40cm+ bass we kept for the pan.

Whilst gutting I found one of them had a jig head deep in it's gut.

This is the first time I have come accross this, & I wonder how long it had been in there? Any on missing one, about size 1, 1/11 I think!:laugh:

Thanks to Aaron for the invite and a good mornings fishing.

Fair weather, good company and a few nice fish, what more does a fisherman need?

I reckon I'll be back to Hinze in the not too distant future. Maybe a bass on lure next time:unsure:

Will try to post some photos soon.

Rod

Aaron's first of the day:

[img size=336]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fishing_031.jpg

Post edited by: Rocket75, at: 2007/08/11 18:29

post-953-144598424074_thumb.jpg

Archived