2nd AFO Wanderers social Blakesleys aug31 to sep2nd

tugger

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no dout ash and i are in.

what does everyone recon of doing spit roast boned lamb shoulders and legs for this one. i have got alot of lamb in the freezor.

how much lamb does everyone want me to bring

Just one small one for me thanks Kurt, I'm on a diet ................. I'll be bringing a chook.

Dohh!!!! Silly me just remembered that I'm only there for the Fri night and not the BIG FEED on Sat so I won't be bringing a chook ..... and won't be eating lamb ...... and won't be eating Micks delicious dessert. Oh why, oh why me!!! On the plus side Tugger has promised to put me onto a 103cm snapper ........

I'm dropping out on this one.

The wind is up again and there are storms predicted.

Hope everyone has an awesome time, as we all showed last time these socials are a whole lot more than getting on the water and i'm sure everyone who attends will have some stories to yarn about around the fire of the next one!

Good luck to everyone attending, with Mick's crabs, Brad and Eddies Dinner and the American Wrestler you'll have lots to keep you occupied!! :)

Calllum

yeah they are predicting good thunder storms for the weekend with moderate -gusty winds.predictions are still a few days out.iam goin take enough rope to be able to set a land line mooring to the boat if a storm does brew up.have seen boats drift and pull anchor in storms on these socail events.

My boat is out of action so im also not attending this one unless someone needs a deckie offshore sat or sun? looks pretty rough though.

I would be keen on wavebreak next time if its the last weekend of september or similar.

dude i'm heading over friday night coming back saturday arvo for if you need a lift and a saturday fish. Need to get back for Akmal saturday night.

yeah they are predicting good thunder storms for the weekend with moderate -gusty winds.predictions are still a few days out.iam goin take enough rope to be able to set a land line mooring to the boat if a storm does brew up.have seen boats drift and pull anchor in storms on these socail events.

Indeed, willyweather says 75% chance of rain on the Friday and Saturday. I'm still heading over no matter! I'll have room to give someone a lift over on Friday from rudy mars.

Bring ya wet weather kit!! :)

Good to hear Mark. Starting getting some stuff together today. Have some firewood - not a huge amount but it is solid hardwood. Taking the boat to work Fri morning so I can get away quickly and get to Blakesley's while it's still light Friday arvo.

Trying to minimise what I'm taking over as only staying one night so might borrow someones BBQ/hotplate to cook some snags Sat for lunch if that's cool.

See everyone over there. Bring on the SNAPPER - I'm a little excited ...........

Looks like the wind is dropping off over the weekend we might finally get some good weather for one of these socilas fingers crossed

post-8878-144598846832_thumb.png

yep, its getting their. i am still in uless their is a huge weather change. plans for this trip is to kick of the shark season. with the southerlies predicted i will hit mayore or nth end of peel is we cant get outside.

At the moment I will only bringing half a keg. We had a bit of a party and the ones put aside for the social got raided and my backup brew hasn't quite finished. I may be lucky but I'm pretty sure she will still be bubbling too much tonight.

The long tails were smashing bait in the bay yesterday so with a SW it still gives people a chance to chase them if they want to.

Pretty keen to get over there tomorrow night for a beer or two :whistle: . got a decky spot available. Fish saturday but can't stay saturday night. Probably leave cleaveland or ruby ramp at about 5. Don't know were I'm heading or what to bring. Give us a call if want a lift over/back or decky spot. 0412 499 093

Fids. :)

All packed for tomorrow got plenty of coldies for kickin back on the beach i wonder what everybody else will be doing this weekend

I'll be getting thrown around by MMA fighters on Saturday and doing a forced march on Sunday near Baroon Dam (Erin isn't letting me bring my fishing gear because it is supposed to be "family fun") :D

This is the first Wanderers social I will have missed since joining up and I know I will be missing out on a great weekend. If anybody is unsure, I would urge you to attend as it is great fun.

who cares

This is the first Wanderers social I will have missed since joining up and I know I will be missing out on a great weekend. If anybody is unsure, I would urge you to attend as it is great fun.

Couldn't agree more. If anyone experienced or novice wants to learn more about fishing and meet a great bunch of blokes please come along. Some of the best fisho's in SEQLD are attending and they are quite happy to share the knowledge. Just from going to wavebreak last time I learnt so much and it has improved my techniques tenfold.

And we are drinking beer. What other reason do you need :P:P

All packed for tomorrow got plenty of coldies for kickin back on the beach i wonder what everybody else will be doing this weekend

We wont be one of the poor suckers stuck at home mowing grass or doing housework. We're coming to friggin Straddie to have a ball with some top blokes and blokettes and forget about the day to day rat race and enjoy life like it should be! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Borrowing a bigger tinnie too as mine will be a bit scary if the winds dont play nice, Shopping is done and just need to pack tomorrow. Planning on launching at Viccy pt early Sat morn so see you there with bells on! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

who cares

What bar with the incoming tide and low swell there will be nothing to slow down for hahahahaha

Who's seen the weather report for the weekend now waaahhhooooooooo for all those that pulled out because they were believing in willy weather etc 6 days out well what can i say i told you so hahahahahahaha

softies see the rest of you over there le

leavin soon

Kelvin i hope you have been goin to the gym because thier is some brutes with scales on with your name on

That's what I want to hear!!!!! I will be the happiest man on the planet if I am the sorest man on the planet come Sat arvo!!! Hopefully Lance's cobia comes to say hello again!!!

I'll be on a basketball court refereeing this arvo (rain permitting) but 90% of my brain will be dreaming about big snapper!! See you over there with a coldy in hand!!! Going to quickly drop a couple of pots in once I get over there - will need to pick Mick's brain on a likely spot.

Thanks to all for the great weekend! I had a great time and learnt heaps!

Really enjoyed my first time offshore and catching my first bonito tuna! Looking forward to wave break and taking my boat offshore for the first time.

Thanks again to all, especially tugger for organising the trip.

Archived