Sunday Session

JarrydA

Today Myself, Jords and Ant decided to go for a leisurely Sunday paddle chasing some bass.

We launched at 5.30 after the long drag from the Car and made our way upstream.

We casted at some structure with plastics and poppers and it wasn't long until we were all off our donut. Ant and myself landing Flatties and Jords landing a bream, hooked on surface on a Fish Arrow popper. Not the target species, but we were now all of the dreaded donut and ready to catch some bass.

post-10420-144598851178_thumb.jpg

Moving up stream we cast the banks and were quickly onto some fish with Ant and Jords landing fish in close succession.

post-10420-144598851249_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598851189_thumb.jpg

Ant then pulled out one of his famous tricks and pulled one from right under my kayak.

post-10420-144598851196_thumb.jpg

This left me bass-less. And that's not right! :ohmy:

So i decided i would catch this decent bass just to prove my worth. :lol:

post-10420-144598851204_thumb.jpg

Soon after Ant and Jords had a double hookup! Which is always awesome to see.

Here is the result. Dont they look cute together :P

post-10420-144598851215_thumb.jpg

It was then my turn again hooking up to another nice bass :cheer:

post-10420-144598851225_thumb.jpg

After this it went a bit quiet with a few dropped fish amongst the not catching of the fish.... So we decided we would pull up stumps and try a different spot.

Reloaded the yaks and moved to the next spot.

First cast at the new spot, and Jords is on!

post-10420-144598851232_thumb.jpg

After Jords hookup things were looking good, but it wasnt to be.

On the way out i caught another little fiesty creek bass to finish off the day, Off the same snag Jords got his earlier.

post-10420-144598851239_thumb.jpg

All fish caught on Pontoon 21 Crackjacks and Greedyguts.

This fella payed us a visit too.

post-10420-144598851256_thumb.jpg

Overall it was a good day on the water, steady flow of fish. Things are looking good for this season! :cheer:

Cheers for the day Ant and Jords

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for doing the report Jarryd :) but I'll still have to kill you now you know where Secret Spot is :P I had a great day today despite not really being in the mood for it last night, I suppose that means whenever I am grumpy I should take a leave pass and go Bassin' :lol: . We also witnessed a little bully up to about the metre mark jump clear of the water chasing down mullet which was pretty cool to see, looks like we are in for a good summer with the bass firing early, bullies actively feeding and snakes getting around, plus all the jacks that are showing up. I'm excited! :woohoo: :woohoo:

1 metre bully hey :unsure: the first time I fished there something bit through my 15lb leader like it was a piece of over cooked spaghetti.
Yep plenty of bullies there and Jack lives there too.

Yeh mate, we thought of both but the hit lacked the psycho factor of a jack attack ! Bit spooky really. I try to remember not to dangle my feet in those waters.

Thanks for doing the report Jarryd :) but I'll still have to kill you now you know where Secret Spot is :P I had a great day today despite not really being in the mood for it last night, I suppose that means whenever I am grumpy I should take a leave pass and go Bassin' :lol: . We also witnessed a little bully up to about the metre mark jump clear of the water chasing down mullet which was pretty cool to see, looks like we are in for a good summer with the bass firing early, bullies actively feeding and snakes getting around, plus all the jacks that are showing up. I'm excited! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jacks you say...

Up until I saw you on the opener I figured nobody hit that spot except myself and a couple of my mates.

Up until I saw you on the opener I figured nobody hit that spot except myself and a couple of my mates.

Your very wrong there, Everytime ive been fishing at that spot (5-6 times) i've seen other people fishing, different people everytime.

Inevitable I guess.

Yeh definately cause of where it is.

No too many secret spots left, just some that are fished less than others!!
That's pretty much it, we have a couple of spots we refer to as '' secret spot'' but we know that there are a few others that fish them, one in particular and the other not so much. It doesn't concern me too much whether other people fish a spot, it is just good to know that those other people are like minded and really look after the place and it's inhabitants.

Cool brah

I think what you have to learn is that fishing is about putting in the hard yards and finding your own spots. Sorry to generalise but your generation are growing up to be so lazy and just want everything fed to them.

Get out there and give it a go!

ps - being a zyzzfag aint cool

Cool brah

I think what you have to learn is that fishing is about putting in the hard yards and finding your own spots. Sorry to generalise but your generation are growing up to be so lazy and just want everything fed to them.

Get out there and give it a go!

ps - being a zyzzfag aint cool

Hahahaha, the word brah didn't come from zyzz, just because he said it a lot? I wouldn't seem lazy if I had my P's

Alright that'll do, let's not bring the report down with petty rubbish. Sari I would suggest if you can't get to spots at the moment jumping on Google and searching for when you can get around a bit easier so you have some spots ready to go. There is a spot very close to the bay side where you can catch some reasonable bass and it is a place I plan on hitting up this season, now I'm not going to say where it is because as far as I'm aware there are not big numbers of bass there but they are there nonetheless. If you can manage to get there then the brisbane river anywhere from colleges crossing up is full of bass and there really aren't too many secrets there . If you Google hard enough and read between the lines there is a wealth of info to be had.

Archived