Saturday Noosa Session With Carter & Do$tylz

Angus

Well it was a last minute decision after a very long road trip to head up and have a good fish with Carter from the Noosa Fishing Shack on the weekend. It was probably my last time fishing and staying at the shack as Carter has it on the market... But never fear :) He is looking for a new site with better fishing access :)

It was actually a pretty tough day with very average winds but we pushed through and scored a reasonable variety by the end of the day although nothing amazing size wise. I did miss a very good jack hit on a snag within the first 30 minutes though which I never seemed to bounce back from. A couple of Bass and a little tailor was my total for the day but the others managed a mixed bag of tarpon (of which I hooked many but they were all jumped off), hairtial, flathead, bass, trevally etc.

The tarpon were a bit of a saviour actually as there were hundreds of them. Porblem was keeping them connected! One snag produced nearly all the bass as well and Do$tylz has some fantastic footage of several casts with strikes all leading up to a solid hit on a popper and boated fish for Carter.

I have limited photo's pinched from the Noosa Fishing facebook page but Henry has some more sweet ones including some cool hartail shots.

post-63-14459886481_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598864801_thumb.jpg

Archived