Lake Paradise 24/8/07

Feral

Well dropped in to lake Paradise for a look and a fish this morning. But as it was 4am, and dark I could not find the water. Drove off the end of the boat ramp, and continued on for about a 1/2 mile, but all I could see in the headlights was a sea of grass. Did not want to push my luck to far after all the rain, so gave up looking for the water, and went up to the viewing platform and waited for sunrise.

P1080141AFO.jpg

In the photo above, you can see some white dots on the left side. This is a fleet of grey nomads in campervans parked in the boat parking spots at the boat ramp (I scared the crap out of them with my driving into the dam at 4am routine!) To the right you can see the water, only in the old river bed, No wonder I could find it in the dark. Did not fancy walking that far in the mud, so left having a fish for another day!

another shot of the dam

P1080142AFO.jpg

Dam wall from above and below

P1080140AFO.jpg

P1080148AFO.jpg

By the way, to put it in perspective, that spillway is over 300m long.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/24 14:08

Yes Andrew, it is hidden behind that high colourbond fence.

To get into the water at the moment you drive off the end of the boat ramp, turn left and drive parallel to the river for a hundred metres or so then back the trailer into the mouth of the little side gully. 4X4 required.

However the lake is so new that the fishing probably isn't worth the effort.

Archived