Aonther Mexican (Victorian)

Luvit

Hi All,

I have moved up to Brisbane 6 months ago with my family for a life style change. So far loving it hence my user name LUVIT. a little bit of hostory on my passion. For the last couple of years I have nearly done exlusively Murray Cod and Yellow belly fishing with lures. Previous to this most of my fishing has been salt water in Western Port bay for King George whiting, calamari squid and Gummy sharks. I have dabbled in game fishing for 10 or so years dragging the boat 9hrs drive to Bermagui NSW chasing yellow fin Tuna and Marlin. I love all forms of fishing but lures are now my prefered method.

In the last 6 weeks I have started to do a bit of fishing after getting the busniess side of things sorted. I now seem hooked on surface bass fishing and I have literatly bumped into a couple of members here who said to join the site. I will post a couple of photos to test if I can do it correctly. So if they don't post i'm sorry.

post-11868-144598894355_thumb.jpg

post-11868-144598894366_thumb.jpg

OK I hope I can tribute in some small way and look forward to fishing with other like mind members.

cheers,

Wayne

Hi James,

Just bought another yak the other day so my sons can join me. Now I know how to do the photos here it is.

post-11868-144598894395_thumb.jpg

It's fantastic but hard to fnd water close to home that is not hit hard. I'm going to explore further a field when time permits. You have been doing well from the reports I see, well done. ;)

Thanks for the welcome Ellicat,

I have some photo's but not much of a story teller.

Here is a couple of my favourites and PB's.

First Yellow belly from Loddon River Vic. 61cm This is the fish that hooked me on Freshwater lure fishing

post-11868-144598894413_thumb.jpg

Hungry little cod

post-11868-144598894423_thumb.jpg

Just a fav pic

post-11868-144598894431_thumb.jpg

C & R

post-11868-14459889444_thumb.jpg

PB 110cm Murray Cod C & R Lake Mulwula NSW

post-11868-144598894448_thumb.jpg

Thanks James,

No it's not a a Mantra Noa however, when I look at them both i wouldn't be surpirsed if they came from the same factory.

Hi Kane,

I got it off ebay

specs says 130kg safe load

/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-FISHING-KAYAK-Sit-on-Kayak-with-DELUXE-Seat-Paddle-and-Leash-/251203686617?pt=AU_Sport_Boating_Water_Sports_Watercraft&hash=item3a7ce810d9

Outdoortrader

or search freak kayaks.

WHAT YOU GET:

• Luxury Padded Kayak Seat RRP $79

• Lightweight Alloy Paddle RRP $130 - adjustable angle for comfort

• 1x Kayak L=2.83m, W=0.80m, H=0.35m, Weight: 20kg

• 4x Flush Mounted Rod Holders

• 1x Adjustable External Rod Holder for trolling. FREE RRP $29

• 2x 6†Twist Lock Storage Compartments

• Rear Compartment with Bungie Straps for Tackle Box

• Front and Side Carry Handles with bungie strap fro paddle

All for under $500 bucks, the Mantra is $699

I found if you sit forward of the seat, like on the storage compartment is buckles a little but sitting where you are suppose to sit it is fine. i wanted a light yak to pull over rocks and trees to get into skinny water so you can have everthing. You can't have cheaper yak that is light and super strong. I am very happy with on the 2 quick trips i've done in it.

hope that helps.

Nice cod Wayne

I grew up just up the road from Mulwala so I fished it all year round for half my life back in the good days before it got severely plundered.

I mostly fished the upper reaches around the junction at Bundalong and the lower reaches of the Ovens where it meets the Murray at Bundalong.

Ive seen some monster cod in there over the years.

Archived