What happened to FOTM and ROTM?

JarrydA

Generally speaking the number of entries had diminished right to the point where several months saw 0 made on quite common species.

If there is serious interest (I might do a poll) I might try to kick it back off this year.

It may not seem like it but a fair bit of effort goes on behind the scenes to get the posts up, articles up, prizes sorted etc and when the participation is reduced to at most a half dozen people, well it's academic.

Angus

A bunch of people wingeing about what they get for free is not rewarding. The effort required to gain sponsors and provide the platform is time consuming.

At the end -

Effort - Reward = < 0

Time - whingers = no ROTM or FOTM comps

a big thanks should go out to you guys that look after this site . i have been president for a large hunting club and orginised comps sponsership etc and there is defintly little to no reward and most of all your free time taken up or taken away .

keep it guys and thanks for your effort

Generally speaking the number of entries had diminished right to the point where several months saw 0 made on quite common species.

If there is serious interest (I might do a poll) I might try to kick it back off this year.

It may not seem like it but a fair bit of effort goes on behind the scenes to get the posts up, articles up, prizes sorted etc and when the participation is reduced to at most a half dozen people, well it's academic.

Angus

Cheers angus.

The same principle goes for tangible events as well.

We are quick to get hit up for more events, and to quick to get criticized if we decide not to run one. However events are subject to attendance and support. As much as we would love to run the full quota of events, this will not happen if the numbers are not there.

Lets make the Summer Classic a big one :)

Archived