2013 Moreton Bay Classic - Teaser and Input

Angus

I would not be a fan of the "number of species" method, it is not hard to grab a bag of prawns and sit over a shallow reef and catch 20 different species in a short space of time.

I agree that would be the case however you would need to catch a legal fish in each species to be eligible. This would be a big ask on most days.

not really when the majority of what you catch is not regulated and has no size limit... several of the suggested species above do not have size limits, tuna, trevally, diver whiting etc.

angus - does a fish only qualify as part of the overall length if it is of legal size should one exist or does CnR of an undersized fish still count?

At the Summer Classic the ruling was cleared up. Only legal fish are eligible. Therefore undersized or oversized fish are not to be entered.

This makes sense to me.

If there is fish in the comp that arent regulated. Its legal to keep any. So entering any tuna is legal, but not regulated. If that makes sense.

I like the idea of just having a list (doesnt matter if they are a regulated species or not) that we can target. As long as the list is clear, and the rules RE size limits are there to start. Really looking forward to this one.

Yeah I can't wait for this event either. Haven't participated in an official event yet - only the tuna, snapper and flathead socials. Love the idea of this format - as long as I can get the all clear from the (home) boss for at least two sessions it should be great fun fishing a variety of spots, techniques, baits, etc. Bring it on!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived