Flattie Social Report 2013

Bri The Pom

The 2013 flattie social went ahead on Sunday with 22 competitors competing for the longest flathead, Conditions were pretty bad as the wind was ripping through the broadwater and making drifting very difficult for most people. Not to many fish were caught which was a great shame, but hopefully most people enjoyed the social side of meeting new faces and meeting old faces.

Results were.

1st Plastic Fantastic 51cm.

2nd Liam ( keen as mate) 49cm.

3rd Bi polar 44.5cm.

4th Dave Peterson 43cm.

Longest Misc fish. Matt Conradi 22cm Tailor.

Raffle Winner Teckee 7.

As you can see by the results the fishing was hard. Only bumped in to a few guys for a photo.

post-662-144598989189_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598989199_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed putting the morning on and trying to bring guys together to put a face to a name, but a few people did make the day easier and i would like to thank.

Kelvin, helping with preparation and entry cards and raffle tickets, great job mate.

Pete T, picking up boats, cleaning and launching boats and getting the boats organised whilst i tried to keep control of the eager crowd.

Brad and Dave, I heard afterwards the distance they had travelled to be there,I hope you enjoyed it and did ok in the raffle.

Everyone for turning up and making the event enjoyable and sociable, a credit to AFO.

The Raffle.

post-662-144598989207_thumb.jpg

I would like to thank the following for the donation of prizes for the raffle, all free of charge.

Spotters Sunglasses.

Rob at Searing tackle.

Lance at Reeltackle.

Angus at Obsession Fishing

Rob at Smoking drags Co.

Dougie at Tackle world Southport.

Thanks guys for the donations.

Thanks to everyone who attended and see you guys next year.

Please add any photos of the day for us all to enjoy.

Cheers

Bri.

Thanks again Bri for organising the day and and an awesome swag of prizes, best part was I do think think anyone went home empty handed. Fishing was hard I think I managed four Flatties for the day most just legal and also thanks the Bipolar for taking me on as his deckie again this year.

Cheers

Mark

post-5191-144598989218_thumb.jpg

Team Low Expectations who lived up to their name

Thanks again Bri for organising the day and and an awesome swag of prizes, best part was I do think think anyone went home empty handed. Fishing was hard I think I managed four Flatties for the day most just legal and also thanks the Bipolar for taking me on as his deckie again this year.

Cheers

Mark

[attachment=66968]20130915_061229.jpg[/attachment]

was a good day and thanks to my deckie for his everlasting estuary curse.

was a great day, best part was watching a jet ski hit some boats wake at full speed and end up in the drink :woohoo:

think he managed to recover his flat cap but the sunnies didnt fair so well! :lol:

on the fishing front, my day started with catching a chopped tailor third cast from next to the meet and greet spot and finished with a flathead cannoning into the side of my boat whilst attempting to skull drag it home.

all in all a good day, well organised and good to see everyone taking something home.

Thanks guys

callum

Cheers

Mark

[attachment=66968]20130915_061229.jpg[/attachment]

was a good day and thanks to my deckie for his everlasting estuary curse.

was a great day, best part was watching a jet ski hit some boats wake at full speed and end up in the drink :woohoo:

think he managed to recover his flat cap but the sunnies didnt fair so well! :lol:

on the fishing front, my day started with catching a chopped tailor third cast from next to the meet and greet spot and finished with a flathead cannoning into the side of my boat whilst attempting to skull drag it home.

all in all a good day, well organised and good to see everyone taking something home.

Thanks guys

callum

Estuary curse... At least I landed a flat head :whistle: Overall I had a great day, except for spending the day supplying a constant supply of burley over the side of the boat due to the early signs of the deadly MAN FLU :sick: Was great fishing some light gear for a change even if there where not a lot of fish landed.

Very well run social, with some great prizes and enough that no one went home empty handed.

Andrew

Thanks for a great social everyone specially Bri for organizing it and the ample amount of prizes given away well done!! thanks for taking me as your deckie look forward to hitting that secret spot next time, just ran short of time this year :whistle: Bri did try hard to put us on to the fish from trolling the canals, jigging plastics, the flats and even live bait, was a tough day but a good day!

Thanks for another great Flattie Social Bri and special thanks to you for the loan of your tinny and to Pete for bringing it to the ramp. On the fishing front Teckee7 and I did it pretty tough with loads of snot weed making trolling lures difficult and then the wind making drifting difficult. We ended up beaching the tinny on a sandbank and flicking whilst walking either side of a sandbank which was soothing for the soul I must say. Teckee spotted one big one right in the shallow water but it darted off and didn't visit our lures unfortunately.

I got a decent hit and run at 5:15am at the boat ramp whilst waiting for Bri which I reckon was a decent flattie. No leader came back so think I lost it on the oysters on the ramp.

Well done to Mark for the win. Next year our advertising campaign to draw entries will be two-fold: 1. A 51cm flathead won. 2. Look at all those prizes Bri managed to gather!!!!

Thanks Bri for all the hard work in the lead up to this - we all appreciate it. Here's hoping a few more socials pop back up on the calendar.

Congrats to all the winners and well done on putting together a great social Bri and Kelvin I know what it's like organising doo's and you certainly did a big job on this 1. Shame I couldn't make it with it clashing with our other trip still plenty more socials on the cards this year anyway.

Archived