Alloy polishing help needed

pancakes_and_haggis

Super cheap sell an alloy polish it is in a blue container with a green lid (can't remember the brand). I used it on my bullbar and tray looked good from a distance up close not flash still improved tho. I will be looking for another product next time I do it. Please post if you have success

Cheers Pete

anything like Braso or T-Cut for auto paint will work. You can start with your cutting compound and a high wet and dry paper keeping it lightly wetted with water and washing up liquid. This is messy so wear gloves. Rub hard and be sure to go with the grain. Work your way up to 1200 starting around 800 and even up to 1700 grit if you can find it...You then buff up with newspaper and your cutting compound only. This will leave you a mirror finish if you want that...I did a motorbike once like this (not the frame but everything else)Looked a million $$$ but hard work...Failing that get a polishing machine with some buffing wheels on...Again very messy from the speed of the buffing pad throwing the water and polish everywhere!! Good luck...by hand is less messy nut hard work..

Archived