Anyone chasing prawns this season?

sehrguht

Will be sounding out for them. I believe its a lighter coloured cloud, probably green on lowrance, and green yellow on furuno. hugging tight to the bottom around the high tides. If a cloud is sitting above the bottom more likely to be baitfish which can slow you down.

Might try nudgee or the pine a mate told me there was a few out last weekend early morning in schultz canal.

Every year I say I am going to chase the prawns, but honestly I don't have a clue how to go about it. I have a 9ft drawstring net which I think would be ok for prawns as I get a few singles occasionally when going for bait fish. But I am a novice when it comes to targeting them. So it would be great if those targeting them this season could post a few clues for us beginners. Cheers, Steve.

I am going to pick up a net from prawning pete on Saturday.

Have my parents visiting in mid March and they both love prawns so hopefully I can get one or two for a feed.

So a bit of casting practice to see if I can throw one and then another new learning curve starts.

Yes Old Scaley tips would be helpful.

Damien

To be young again, good luck on that front.

Because I'm heading to the Borumba Bash next weekend and this week is my wife's and eldest sons Birthday I don't want to push my luck with this weekend. But text me your number and I'll give you a hoy when I can get out. 0412 808823.

Cheers Jeremy for the heads up. The net is quite a big investment so snags are my enemy. :angry: Pine is close for me so that's where I'll start (after casting practice in the pool).

Archived