$700 Hinze trip.

rayke1938

First catch was a rotten roo within a few ks of home.

post-230-144599038976_thumb.jpg

Met up with Steve at the western arm ramp and went to Ians Islandt where Steve got into them straight away.

post-230-144599038982_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599038986_thumb.jpg

he had 4 up before I even got a bite. The sizes were a bit small so we moved up to mouth of bass bay where we got quite a few in the low forties and high thirty's.

post-230-14459903899_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599038994_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599038998_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599039002_thumb.jpg

Also got around 5 tandans around the 50 mark. .

Had a few heavy showers and a bit of wind but quite fishable,

Thanks for the company Steve.

Cheers

Ray

Not much of a consolation prize but at least it hit low and it didn't go through the windscreen and land in your lap :ohmy: .

Your certainly keen giving it a go with the rain forecast and it was quite fishable. Well you just don't know unless you drag yourself out of bed to have a look.

Hope I have the same sort of motivation when I retire. :)

Not much of a consolation prize but at least it hit low and it didn't go through the windscreen and land in your lap :ohmy: .

Your certainly keen giving it a go with the rain forecast and it was quite fishable. Well you just don't know unless you drag yourself out of bed to have a look.

I tend to find the rain doesn't worry the fish all that much, they are already wet ;) Its wind that keeps me in bed, dont worry about rain. :cheer:

Yeah, I operate by the principle 'regardless of season, weather, or terrain'. Mitigate against the conditions and change what you need to, but unless it's a cyclone, if I plan to go fishing I'm going fishing :cheer:

After all, most of us have stuff in our lives that limit our fishing opportunities, so you've simply gotta go when you can.

-Steve.

P.S. Bring on this rain! Still need another hundred or two mL to fill up the dams and flush the rivers!

Archived