Stopping the Unstoppables

Bi_polar

I was invited out on the weekend to do a trip offshore to chase some Dolphin Fish and Snapper...well..who was i to say no.

We arrived at the bar to find it an absolute mess but we forged on and just took our time. Halfway through the bar we encounter schools of fish everywhere and it was too dangerous to stop and have a flick

We hit our dolly mark up and had a ball bagging out on big fish up to a meter on stickbaits, lures and bait.

From there we checked all our marks for some Pearl Perch but no show come up so the call was made to hit up Boat Rock.

We got there and as we were getting into position the boys noticed some big Spanish cruising around..well that was a good sign.

It wasn't long before some fish started coming on board and i got smashed on a bait just off the bottom. Well this thing was trying to find it's freedom on the reef below but after a few good tussles on my trusty on Penn 950 Spinfisher up came a good size Kingfish.

On the way home we decided to hit up another spot up and there was massive shows of snapper feeding off the bottom in mid water. It was here where some good snapper came on board and put some smiles on a few faces.

We headed for the bar after this and on the eastern side of the bar we were greeted with acres and acres of Yellowfin Tuna and Big Mac Tuna feeding madly. We caught a few more fish here for bait and sashimi and came in through the Amity Channel that was great compared to the rest of the bar.

I'de like to thank Ted for the trip out and Cleaning the fish after i sliced my finger open.

post-1650-144599040054_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144599040065_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144599040423_thumb.jpg

It was a great day out once we got through the bar. It was more than daunting the bar. A big washing machine. We really had to pick our run through the last set of waves. It was great once we got out.

Gratz Chris on the PB snaps and on plastics as well. Gratz Stu on the Kingie. It was good to see you getting your arms stretched. I baked my half of the kingie with Parmesan Crust, hmmmmm Yum.

how good was the open water though once you got out there? we got to see it from the shores of point lookout this weekend and it looked AWESOME.

Great fish there guys and very jealous that you got to his those schools of tuna from a boat and got dollies on topwater.

how good was the open water though once you got out there? we got to see it from the shores of point lookout this weekend and it looked AWESOME.

Great fish there guys and very jealous that you got to his those schools of tuna from a boat and got dollies on topwater.

I went out the Pin on Saturday. The conditions were the best ever!

post-11167-144599040404_thumb.jpg

Here are some shots of the bar on the way home.

post-11167-144599040409_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599040414_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599040419_thumb.jpg

Archived