You blokes decide!

getrigged

Whatever feels most comfortable for you to sit in. They all have their good and bad sides, lovers and haters.

I love my Nav (petrol) and like the look of the new ones, but would steer clear of them from an after sales point of view. This is confirmed by Nav forum and FB pages. That only counts if you have a problem though.

Good luck with it. :)

PS Have a sit in the back seat when you are looking around and make an assessment for the size of your expected passengers etc. That was one thing that made me favour the Nav at the time. The seats can also fold up out of the way which gives great space if there's only two of you.

I have the new Dmax and loving it ,I great fuel economy and it's great to drive and the wife finds it way comfy . I bought mine in November 2013 and the first trip we went to Hervey Bay then to double island point ten on to Brisbane again , I got 8.2 lt per 100 km out of it ,we travelled 725 km and still showed a quarter of a tank of fuel . I have now done 17000 km no problems .

We just got back from a 2 month trip towing a 1500 kg van to cape tribulation and back , we covered 5700 km and got an average of 10.2 lt per 100 km . It tows easily and sits on 17-1800 revs on the highway , it has a 5 speed auto and the collie has 6 speed and a bit more power supposedly . I test drove both and personally liked the dmax more , I bought mine from isuzu at eagle farm after battering around town and further afield and Brisbane Isuzu beat the rest hands down and so far have given me great service . I have the canopy and a draw system that I built into the back and haven't noticed any fuel economy issues . I think they are all similar so I guess it's what take s your fancy all I would suggest is you google the ones you are looking at and add the word problems and make up your own mind , Matt

Does your car allowance mean work is going to buy a car for you or does it mean they are giving you a few bucks a week to buy a car to use for work?

I currently have a drab Camry as a fully funded company vehicle, but they have given me the choice to take up a $12k payment, plus they pay fuel and tolls, but I'll pay rego, insurance, service, tyres, and the car loan with that.

It covers a loan of approx $45k, any more and I'll have to pay something, which is ok but no real need.

I then own the vehicle at the end of the 3/4 year term, after I pay a final payment or I can trade in and refinance a new one.

Pretty sweet deal I reckon?

My son has the new triton for his business ,they are great value at the runout price and he is fairly happy with his , and paid just on 30 k for the glxr which is way cheap for what you get . The only problem is the resale at the end is poor for these according to the accountant ,the dmax on the other hand have a great resale value but maybe talk to your accountant and get his recommendation on that especially if you are going to do the lease thing which is the way I read your post . If you go the lease option fight for a good rate 5% is good as far as I go but that's up to you but it's all tax deduct able just make sure it's classed a commercial vehicle as the dmax is with a 1 tonne payload in the rear . Matt

Thanks matt,

It is a toss up between less up front vs resale, either way you lose I suppose,

I'm actually able to structure it as a chattel mortgage. Which gives you ownership of the vehicle at the end(once you pay the balloon, 40% of purchase price, which I should get no worries. As carsales has 4-5 year old tritons with 160k for $23-25.

I went for the hilux even though I've had my heart set on a ranger for years.... When I test drove them the hilux just felt right somehow and Toyata has the reliability and build quality.

Whatever you buy get metallic paint especially if you're keeping the vehicle long term.

Mitsubishis don't age well, I would go the Isuzu . My wife has had a Ranger, Triton, several hilux's and an Amarok for a work vehicle through TMR, all 2012+ models and by far the worst to drive was the Triton.

She hated it and I've got nothing good to say about it....., all the rest were very good... I love hilux's and she loved the Amarok.

Some of my mates own Tritons. Please don't hate me :kiss:

JHave had the previous model ranger and now have the 2014 bt50. Can't fault it! Amazing ute. Checked out all the dual cabs before buying the madza. Tritons and hiluxs have really been left behind in the dual cabs. Narva hasn't changed their shape in ages but have a little bit bigger motor than the bt50/ranger. IMAX have a nice interior but basic exterior. Liked the colardos but madza could do a lot better price with the 8 grand of accessories I put on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived