I am still buzzing

crazywalrus

I head out to Barwon Banks again on Saturday with Jarryd and Callum. We head off from Brisbane at 12 as I had a feeling it was going to be lumpy ride getting out there and we wanted to fish the last hour before light. Well lumpy was not the word I would have used. It was sharp and short and it took us 2 and a half hours to get out there and Jarryd was drenched through lol.

We went deep first. There was a little run and on the first drift we picked up good sized Snapper. We did several drifts and the bite just got hotter. We nearly had our bag when a Trawler came in and joined our drift. This brought with it 20 sharks so we had difficulty landed the remaining fish. I landed a couple of snaps just over 70 and Jarryd lost an absolute monster. We finished our bag by 6.00am and left them biting to chase something else.

We grabbed some livies on the way to out next spot and this where another session of fun occurred. We arrived at our spot where Wayne, Brian and I had caught the AJs a week before and the sounder lit up. We were drifting at 0.3 knots so we stayed over the fish for ages. First drop all of us got monstered. Callum dropped a livie down and he had a battle and a 1m AJ came up. Well the morning continued with many 3 way hook-ups. I lost 5 small jigs before I decided to get the big gear out. Jarryd tied on a 160gram jig and got monstered. I followed with a 100gram jig on my Demon blood jig rod and could not stop this fish. This continued for a couple of hours and got rather expensive with all of use loosing better than 10 jigs each but boy was it fun. At 11 the current dropped out totally and the bite all over the banks shut down.

What an awesome day, the best snapper session I have had and the best AJ Session I have had. Awesome stuff. I have not stopped buzzing :P

post-7418-144599076401_thumb.jpg

post-7418-14459907642_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144599076429_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144599076436_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144599076443_thumb.jpg

post-7418-14459907645_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144599076458_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144599076464_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144599076471_thumb.jpg

Well done boys!

You deserved a reward after such a long trip out. The conditions look good once you were out there though.

Bagging out by 6am what a start and then for the day to continue. The banks are a long way out but produce the goods.

I understand the buzz you feeling boys, it cost be a new boat. ;)

Great report.

So Jarryd, are you going to change position for the trek out next time ? DIfferent clothing ? What was a cold shower like at that time of day ? :P:lol::lol:

Yeah it was terrible, i had my burke raincoat on and it got soaked through. Very cold. Im normally pretty good at picking the dry side but buggered up my calculations this time. :pinch: Callum offered to take the wet side on the way home.....in the warm sunlight...

Archived