Dont get ripped off

BIG DAVE 1

I finally got sick and tored of being ripped off by tackle stores so as some of you may know i gave the ebay thing a go. I recommend it to you guys especially for swivels, crimps, and hooks. Heres a few bargins i have picked up over my short time on there. I would usually pay $8 for 25 1.0mm crimps on ebay i spent $5 and got 50 2.6mm crimps which would cost me over $15 in a tackle store. Also the swivels are cheap. The good thing is alot of the stuff isnt crap its good products like shogun, mustard etc etc. I just bought a reel off there the other day that is identicle to a daiwa reel, at 1/10 of the price.

DAVE

Ye I have bought many good quality things of ebay...not to do with fishing but other things...i had a look after i saw this topic i had a look on ebay on fishing and there was some good stuff there...im watching this pack of 6 flat rats for $11 and i saw the same ones in the store for $11 dollas each!!!

I have purchaced most of my reels second hand from ebay. One from japan,and 4 from usa one of the american reels was a bit tight and a mate volunteered to five it a service and stuffed it up ( bent a spring and put it in backwards) and i had to get it repaired . $45 at Fishhead.

The only thing to watch is the shipping costs . I always check the costs before bidding. The item may appear cheap but then they can really slug you for the shipping and insurance.Also if it comes surface mail it will take 3 months.

Another thing to watch is the length of the item as the us postal have a maxium length of 3ft and 6 inches

ray

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived