1770 last couple days

max pwr

Yo, went to Fitzroy reef Saturday morning for an overnighter.....fished for a few hours Saturday with only 4 in the box and s crook decky.

Went inside the reef round lunchtime for a snorkel and a few beers where we stayed till sun up Sunday. I fumbled a nice trout over the side of the boat while cleaning it for our dinner but there was a 3 metre shark under the boat so I didn't dive for it.

Kept an eye out for you Julian but didn't spot you or any raft ups so we kept to ourselves.

Had a half decent plastic session Sunday morning with some keepers,

Found some nice marks at the end of the session I'll go back to.

No massive fish this trip but had a great time up there and came home with a feed.

post-5844-144599110168_thumb.jpg

Good feed man. Good you found some Trout. I tried to radio you mate. With the weather and fishing the way it was, we decided to stay outside for the night and work on filling the fish box. Looks like Fitzroy was full as that night.

Most people I spoke to found the fishing hard up there. However the ones that made it more North had better luck.

Nice one Steve, nice colourful haul there (mmmmmm ....... coral trout!!!!). Is that a headless spottie mac? Bit hard to tell upside down ......... :silly:

Well spotted! Yeah it's head is bent backwards at what may be described as an uncomfortable angle.

Archived