Lake Awoonga, October 2007

Terry H

Great thread guys! Love to pics! Brian o'd frame that photo its gold! Hot boat, hot fish, and well you can always photo shop the guy holding the fish......;)

No, really well done. I hope i can make it for the next trip. I might be (if the gods are nice) be heading to Awoonga in January. Ill have to hit you guys up for some hints! Or even better, GPS co-ords!:P

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, it does not get any better than this. The place is just bewdiful! (look behind Fergs rough head!)

P1090106.jpg

Also for those who were doing the epic walk, this is the ski club ramp, as you can see it must be all of 10 foot long, 2 lane concrete.

P1090097.jpg

And the walk from the parking area to where you pull your boat up must be all of 6 steps? Gee they do it tough!

P1090098.jpg

This is what the sounder showed under the birds. It was like this for around a square kilometer.

Graham got both his fish trolling 20+ ft deep divers over shows like this. He got one fish on a killalure and the other on a halco crazy deep.

We found that the crazy deeps were going down deeper than the hyper vipers.

The crazy deeps were getting to 25ft and the vipers to 18. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_9527_AFO-db0403daa3606f949961962e94b5cf12.jpg

post-230-144598430688_thumb.jpg

:woohoo: What an awesome read, definately the best I've seen on this site. Well done fellas, karms to u Terry. Great looking barra too, man they must eat well up there, that 105cm looked so fat. You did really well to boat those fish Lee, when Mark80 and I were up in NT we were sight casting for barra and musta hooked up to at least 20 in one morning session but only boated 5 coz they kept doing us with all their barra tricks. Good on yas, its great to see ya pull in some quality fish. ;)

chubbstar wrote:

Brian D wrote:
I gotta post this - Feral said it all - pic says a 1000 words. What a buzz. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1090068_AFO.jpg

:woohoo: Brian That is an awsome Pic, You should have that enlarged and framed.;)

Great trip guys and a great read.

Thanks Feral, it is a beauty.

pcsolutionman wrote:

you bet mate, especially after coping a bagging from all the boaties. Brian was even talking about getting a yak by the time we left and he was serious lol

Lee

Yeap Lee I am looking as we speak. Again congrates to you guys, I am seriously impressed with your skill.

I would like to add this.

We stayed in the Gateway Cabins. They are without equal to anywhere I have stayed in the form of a \"fishing or surfing cabin\". Everything in them is quality and the owners are very people friendly.:)

If you are going to Awoonga and you would like some comfort and style stay here! B)

They are suitable for a bunch of blokes but are very suitable to a cossy couple. So if you want to score some points with the pretty one in your life and get some barra fishing in, make a booking into this place.;) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PA270061_AFO.jpg

post-118-14459843072_thumb.jpg

yeh terry I downloaded all the photos from your camera at my place remember??? yes 3 of last 4 yours.

Fisher - primary stability (stabilty at rest) is a lot less than the tempo because it is much narrower and built for speed but you get used to it very quickly and dont feel tippy after a shot time.

secondary stability (stability under way ) is much better than the tempo.

Lee

Archived