AFC on TV today

stingray

Hi all.

Just letting you know that the Australian Fishing Championship is on TV today.

12pm – 1pm TEN

Saturday 27 October 2007

The AFC Series will see some of the country's best anglers compete for the Championship title. Featuring many great bream, bass and barra fishing locations along the coasts of Australia.

Cowfish13 wrote:

Was a great show. I recognised nearly every lure they used. Now I've just gotta buy them.

I think it was Time the bream that gave my old man a Bassday SX40 style lure at the Boat show. He put his hand up and answered a question correctly and Time threw him one. probably worth $20. Irony is it has never caught a thing whilst cheaper lures have massively outfished it.

I was too busy listening to the hilarious voice overs. hehehe.

I found the whole show a bit weird really... but this is the first time I've watched a show like that. The whole \"competition\" with just 4 boats covered in advertising seemed a little contrived to me... like it was a massive paid advertorial.

BUT... that said... I got really into it and went and put on all my 'branded' fishing shirts and shimano cap... and even whipped out a pair of horrid grey crocs just to be like them and danced around infront of the tv... and then went out for a fish!!!! hehehehe.

So I guess it did its job. :-)

Archived