New Brisbane Northside member

Myway 61

Hi Guys. I am new to the forum and i am will be seeking information on boats and sounders in the appropriate forum areas.

A little bit about me first. I am 54 years live on the northside of Brisbane and have spent most of my life on the bay sailing and fishing. 

I have fished club (Windsor AFC) where my Grand father was a foundation member, and yes i have caught over a hundred fish whilst club fishing. I no longer fish like that. A good 95% on my fish are photographed then released.

I use to only bait fish, digging wrigglers at Scarborough for hours at a time or pumping yabbies. I no longer have the back to do this (wiggler digging) so most of my fishing is with Plastic and Lures. I love the sport of luring fish.

I have only owned 1 fishing boats in my life an old tinny 12 foot which i did up and moved on some years ago. I also owned and fished on a Prowler13 Kayak fully kitted out with sounder GPS live fish tank.

Most of my fishing has been salt water for Flathead whiting Bream TaylorJew ect walking wadding the beaches and banks from Ballina to Fraser.

When i had my yak I did a bit of snapper fishing out of the Yak around Scarborough and the other local reefs. I also did a far bit of fishing on the north pine dam. I was one of the lucky ones to get on the dam once they opened it up after quite a few years of closure due to low water levels.

I really enjoyed fishing for Jack up Bells and Coochin Creek i  my yak, but throwing expensive Yo-zuri lurers at snags in a Yak is madness.

Once i figure out what Boat i want need i hope to hit the waterways and resume my love of fishing.

I look forward to speaking to you all and hope to meet some of you for a chat and maybe a fish

Regards 
Mick

Archived