'his" Reputation Is At Stake .........

kmcrosby78

Well, this Saturday the reputation of Bush n Beach scribe and Moreton Bay charters guru Sean Conlon faces possibly it's sternest test to date - yep, that's right I'm going on a fishing charter :) So, either Sean's immaculate record will suffer a major blip or his stocks will rise even greater if he manages to help my mates and I catch some fish.  For the record, we're chasing some squire on plastics before trolling for some flatties, then probably back to the squire before finishing around 1:30pm.  I'm really hoping to pick up some squire on plastics so get something resembling 'plastics mojo' that I might then be able to carry forth onto my tinny.  Wish us luck, firstly with the weather ....!!  (I'll be devastated if the weather rules us out - this trip is for my mates 40th which was back in April, that's how well booked Sean is!!).  Report (hopefully with fish ...) to come :) 

The guy at tackle world showed me, said your hook up rate increases and you don't get as many thrown hooks. Just find where the hook is going to end up melt a hole in the plastic sink the treble in and hook the jig head through. I'm heading to awoonga chasing Barra this weekend provided the storms stay away, hopefully I get a chance to try it out. 

48 minutes ago, Luvit said:

No, haven't tried that be interested to see the results.

I commonly rig the gobbler jerk shads upside down, because I believe you get a better action from them on a fast retrieve this way.

Experimenting is the key.

I've looked at gobblers lures before and buying one of the packs. They're priced pretty well 

8 hours ago, ellicat said:

Things may have changed since I posted that. :whistle:

Friday looks alright. :rolleyes:

Yep, thanks for that @ellicat ........ prophetic (as opposed to pathetic .....:devil:) words indeed!!  Had a call today to say things were looking less likely now but we'll decide tomorrow arvo. Apparently people who think carefully when planning fishing trips (ie. Sean not me .....) consider whether the wind will be with the tide or against it ........ :whistle:).

Failing that, we'll get the calendar out and see if we can sneak a booking in before our mate turns 41 next April .... ;)

Oh and interesting rigging there @Cmaltby - as long as you don't snag up too much it should help in theory. Second time I've said this to someone this week - you should patent it ..... ;)

Anyone else planning on fishing this weekend?

1 hour ago, Cmaltby said:

Hopefully with the way the hooks are facing that won't be the case. I think it's designed as Barra are predators that attack from beneath and the treble stops them throwing the hook in told. Hopefully I get some action this weekend to report on. 

I was hoping for some action this week too. It's a family site, so no reporting:lol:

Cheers @benno573, just saw this now, somehow my two boys let me sleep in til 7am so I'll take that :D  Would love to join you guys doing that some time though - I'll PM you my mobile number for future reference. Big three weeks of work coming up (reports and swimming carnival) and then living the good life for best part of 2 months ;)). What do you target there this time of the year - still tailor I assume?

What do you teach Kelvin? Primary/Secondary? I'm going to guess Secondary... My sister is a Secondary teacher and just had 5 days up at Caloundra on a school camp... She is shattered hahaha. 200 13 year olds, bunking in the girls dorms while the male teachers had their own private dorm away from the boys!! Couldn't think of a better torture than to be surrounded by new teens, hot uninsulated dongers and being so close to the water without the ability to fish :baby:

I go round to her place and she's all set up outside with her laptop, marking, beer fridge within reach and music playing on her headphones haha... Take note!!!

Archived