hello fishermen and fisherladies

DG89

Cowfish13 wrote:

Yeah. When I wasn't really targeting them (went for anything:)) I caught 3 (31, 29 and 25cm) which was pretty good for me.

it is one of my fav spots for bream!

some days you can turn up at 10am and pull in 5-10 good bream,

but other days expecialy when blowing north the fish just wont bite know matter how hard you try!

good flatty there tooB)

Yeah thanks for the tip. Bream are my favourite fish to catch and eat, I'll defs be targeting thema t the BRC this year. But your right sometimes they sjut wont bite. I was fishing at kingscliff estuary once and i could see a whole school of them, but htey wouldn't strike.

Bloody fussy

In a tributary to the Tweed River, I've see a school of Bream, some atleast 40cm (trufully) and they wouldm't take a lure on 6lb Braid and leader and they wouldn't even take an unweighted peeled Prawn with that same gear. Bloody fussy fish:angry:.

But even if I had hooked one, I probably wouldn't have landed it as the pillons of a bridge were covered in oyesters.

Cowfish13 wrote:

In a tributary to the Tweed River, I've see a school of Bream, some atleast 40cm (trufully) and they wouldm't take a lure on 6lb Braid and leader and they wouldn't even take an unweighted peeled Prawn with that same gear. Bloody fussy fish:angry:.

But even if I had hooked one, I probably wouldn't have landed it as the pillons of a bridge were covered in oyesters.

i also seen this down the tweed bridge when i was a young fella! there was a guy catching them on weed/moss green stuff! he said they were black bream and will only eat weed/moss!

Cowfish13 wrote:

I had the same happen to me in the tweed river off a jetty, but they were all around 20 - 25cm there was HUNDREDS of them The only way i could catch them was use 4lb mono straight using a small hook and peices of whitebait covering the hook , Sinkers would just scare them away so you had to go unweighted and drift it down slowly with the current..

pcsolutionman wrote:

nice bream lee!B)

did you try throwing them some bread?

there are huge bream thet hang around the back of the gold coast marina, at around 8pm on weekends they will take bread floating! i was told this by a guy who worked on a charter boat i went on, and when i saw all the uneaten sandwitches from the day getting thrown overboard and saw it with my own eyes it was on ! the challenge was set and my brother and i was off to catch a big ass bream on bread!

at first no luck at all like you said they would not touch anything, but tried we did and after a few diff locations we found the sweet spot! and best of all its off land! and just as the bait guy said rite on 8pm this time of year!

rumrunner wrote:

Cowfish13 wrote:

i also seen this down the tweed bridge when i was a young fella! there was a guy catching them on weed/moss green stuff! he said they were black bream and will only eat weed/moss!

He was probably catching Luderick. But the fish we saw were Bream.

Archived