Accessories to set up my little Tinnie....

Rocket75

Just sat down and wrote a list of things I want in the near future to get my 10 ft tinnie more user friendly.

If you have any of the following in good condition and are keen to unload them, let me know.

The list includes, but is not limited to:unsure: :

*Bimini

*2 x seats (removable swivel type)or cusions to suit the bench seats.

*simple Fish Finder

*Dependable battery to run above + 44 or 54lb electric.

*Charger for above

Not being too good with the \"trade skills:blush: \", I'm thinking either new or in good condition only.

It seems a shame to buy brand spankers if anyone has perfectly good ones collecting dust under the house or in the shed.

Any of this sound like you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rod

Rocket cant go past those watersnakes your mob are selling at the moment. I doubt you'd get a 2nd hand one for much less.

Try Ebay for the battery, thats where I get mine. Computer backup and telephone exchanges means there are reliable 2nd hand batteries to be had (they get little use, but policy requires them to be replaced regularly)

When you get your battery, I've got a 2 stage 4 amp and 2 stage 1amp charger your welcome to have, but they are really only suited for smaller batteries (say 60 amp hour or smaller)

Thanks for all the feedback already guys, appreciate it.

Have sent PMs to Shortie and Sards.

Yes Feral, I agree that watersnakes at amart are a good deal at the moment, basically the same price to the public as I get as staff!

Sounds like the charger might be a bit small, but I suppose that depends on what batteries i end up with (too small for shorties by the sound of it???) Thanks though, very generous offer.

I will be checking ebay and classifieds in the coming weeks and also Bias and will look into that \"recycleland\" sounds interesting.

If anyone else has any dust collectors from the list \"that their wife is keen to see dissapear\", let me know, could earn you pocket money to buy more gear!:woohoo:

Grab those batteries, they are similar to what I run, I've got 4 x 6volt 160amp batteries, I can fish for 2 days on the electric!

Yes those chargers of mine would be way to small, you'd be looking at a 20amp charger for those.

I got my smart charger (3 stage) off Ebay, 15amp, cost me around $180.

I have just seen a used fish finder for sale on ebay, its a Garmin Fish Finder 240.

Has anyone got any feedback/experience with these? Looks good, and i'm thinking about bidding, but not sure on reputation and quality.

I don't want or need anything fancy, just basics of depth, structure and bait etc.

If you know anything about them, please let me know.

Rocket

How bout it guys, anyone got one of these or know if they are any good? i have made a bid, but would like to know if they are a lemon and if not how much they are worth.

Rocket

BUMP on this topic......

I have just seen a used fish finder for sale on ebay, its a Garmin Fish Finder 240.

How bout it guys, anyone got one of these or know if they are any good? i have made a bid, but would like to know if they are a lemon and if not how much they are worth.

Rocket

Update...

Woohoo! I've got a sounder (and saltshaker has some spending money!)

Shortie came thru with some batteries, thanks mate:cheer:(donation to site asap!)

Still on the shopping list is :

Small Bimini

Seats / Cushions

Charger - to suit 2 x 6v 225 amp hour(linked for 12v)

If no one on site has any of the above to sell (in good condition!), I'll add them to my xmas wish list!

Thanks

Rocket

You're doing well mate, I may have something for you;)

I've got some water proof foam that you can use as cushions, I have swivel seats with the same foam beside them.

I'll take a pic tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about. All you have to do is cut it to fit:woohoo: . I used Velcro to secure it to the Alloy. If you want it you can have it.:)

Jayson

chubbstar wrote:

I've got some water proof foam that you can use as cushions, I have swivel seats with the same foam beside them.

I'll take a pic tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about. All you have to do is cut it to fit:woohoo: . I used Velcro to secure it to the Alloy. If you want it you can have it.:)

Jayson

bump on this one for Chubbstar!!!!

rod r u sure those batteries are 225 amp hour?thats a lot from a battery..

most of the ones the guys use on there bow mounts are ols 100-120?

juts double check so you can get the right charger..

as for the seat issue i may have somethign for you as well ill post up a pic if i can get some time

Rocket75 wrote:

chubbstar wrote:

Jayson

bump on this one for Chubbstar!!!!

OOPS:blush: Sorry mate BRB

How it looks on my boat.

foamseat001AFO.jpg

About 3m long

foamseat002AFO.jpg

and nice 'n' thick

foamseat003AFO.jpg

It's black as you can see,mines blue. If you dont want it Rod I'll keep it to put on my boat. Extra padding for the kids;)

Jayson

shortie wrote:

Im absolutelly postive the batteries are 225amp hour 6 volt batteries. Cause i gave them to him. And it is also written on them.

Saltshaker,

yes as per Shortie's post, they are 225, and there was a nice battery pun in there too...positive...get it? Oh well, I got it anyway!

I'll await those pics when you get a chance.

ps I'll check those quick release brackets tomm (if we have any)

Thanks mate

Rod

Thanks Chubbstar, at this stage I reckon that I'll end up going with some bucket / swivel seats like you have in yours (Kath would appreciate the extra comfort so I should get the all clear on the funding!;) )

Thanks for the offer, I am sure your kids will appreciate the padding though!

Rocket

bootyinblue wrote:

So Rod, when do we get to see this hastily cobbled together concoction of maritime misfits?

Nah only kidding, but is it decked out enough now for a mate on mate, bait on bait adventure with Me, Chubs and Ellicat?

At 10 foot long with a 4hp, I reckon that it just might struggle if we all jumped on board! The motor has only done about 1.5hours, so I can't even go over 1/2 power yet!

I have been lucky enough to crew for a number of you AFO guys, so as soon as I am able, I am more than willing to offer my services as \"skipper\" (you might have to fight Kath for the seat though):unsure: :silly:

Stay posted, Once complete I'll post some pictures of my begged/borrowed/bought beauty!

:laugh: :laugh: Classic me and 3 others in a 10' tinny.:laugh: :laugh: I would be scared with me and my 4 year old.

Not dissing your ride Rod, she would be tops for you and your missus, its just I probably weigh as much as the pair of you together.:blink:

But a convoy of boats down the pin would be nice;)

Jayson

but wait theres more
/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BOAT-FLOATATION-CUSHION-IDEAL-FOR-TINNIES_W0QQitemZ270190909887QQihZ017QQcategoryZ102818QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yet more
/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cart-Solar-BATTERIES_W0QQitemZ320189934912QQihZ011QQcategoryZ102807QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• 1 month later...

Just got myself a charger from Bias to charge up the batteries for the electric on the weekend.

The batteries that I have are 2 x 6v 225 amp hour, linked to provide 12v.

The charger they recommended was a Powertech 12amp-12volt dual stage, fully automatic etc.

I have just hooked the charger up to the linked batteries, the inbuilt metre on the charger reads empty (small handheld metre I have reads approx 15%).

How long do you think it should/will take to bring it back to full charge?

Stoopid question time? Am I doing it right by charging them linked, or would it be better/quicker to charge individually if possible (6v?).

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Rocket

[img size=423]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/charger_pic.jpg

post-953-144598442068_thumb.jpg

Archived