Nrl 2018

ellicat

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

What? I hope you tipped them?????? :D

:pirate:

Of course I bl00dy didn't, grrrr!!!!!!! Wish I'd gone to it - love beating the Roosters!!!  Hard call on Napa - they'll stamp the big hitters out of the game if they continue with this nonsense!!

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Of course I bl00dy didn't, grrrr!!!!!!! Wish I'd gone to it - love beating the Roosters!!!  Hard call on Napa - they'll stamp the big hitters out of the game if they continue with this nonsense!!

it is interesting. I don't really have an opinion. he did hit him in the chin with his head. Was it intentional? dunno. he did contact him while in the act of tackling above shoulder. is that legal? ... dunno ... I have only questions not answers or opinions. 

ROUND 11

Thursday, May 17  result...

Panthers 16  v  2 Wests Tigers

Friday, May 18  results...

Eels 14  v  24 Warriors

Well fought game even though the Warriors dropped off the pace a couple of times

Broncos 28  v  22 Roosters

Hard fought game, Broncos were hungrier.

Saturday, May 19 results...

Titans 33  v  26 Knights

Good to see the Titans in the winners circle again. Stood tall even with a couple of 12 players/sin bin periods.

Cowboys 19  v  20 Rabbitohs

at 19 – 18, not square at marker = off side! converted 2pt penalty kick...  dumb way to lose the game for your team... don`t blame the ref

Storm 4  v  24 Sea Eagles

1 send off, 4 sin bins, 26 penalties, 13 each.

I know the refs have to stamp their authority but they have let the rubbish go on for to long in the game, you only have to look at SOO where sometimes anything goes. Then the players go back to club games and cant workout why they are being pinged.They will give a penalty for a  head high and then in the very next tackle a player nearly gets his head tore off and they say play on.Pommies have cleaned their game up and its a pleasure to watch, we need to sit down all the players at start of season and tell them the rot has to stop. At the moment I feel like throwing my slippers at the TV (only thing stopping is we have cold tiled floors):ausflag:

All these penalties and sin bins are killing the game. You can see the players scratching their heads after some them because they have no idea what the penalty is for. I agree with cleaning up the ruck and keeping the players onside but I think the refs are just too whistle happy now.  Rant over!

interesting round... some teams stepped up to their potential, while others opted for stupid.

Sunday, May 20  results...

Dragons 25  v  18 Raiders

one thing about the Raiders, their consistent.

Sharks 22  v  16 Bulldogs

Dogs are just lacking that extra play execution to open up the oppositions try lines regularly.

ROUND 12

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

How good are the Broncos!!!! strength to strength. They have the hunger that will win them the premiership :)

I will admit they looked much better Thursday night. I am bit suspect on Boyd at present. I still think he is carrying an injury from off season. I am loving watching Oates play! Another great game from Storm and Cowboys last night. I think Cowboys have too many carrying injuries. Something is not right with them.... They can't finish off games. They are getting closer but it is all going to be too late...... Storm Munster is just getting better and better he is a good kid for the future. 

I had a bad weekend last weekend with tipping hopefully this weekend is better! 

Thursday, May 12   results 

Broncos 18  v  10 Eels

Friday, May 25  results

Raiders 21  v  20 Sea Eagles

Cowboys 6  v  7 Storm

Saturday, May 26  results

Roosters 34  v  14 Titans

Warriors 10  v  30 Rabbitohs

Panthers 28  v  2 Dragons

Tomorrwow`s games

Sunday, May 27

Knights v Sharks, McDonald Jones Stadium, 2pm (AEST)

Wests Tigers v Bulldogs, ANZ Stadium, 4.10pm (AEST

Sunday, May 27  results

Knights 10  v  48 Sharks

Wests Tigers 14  v  10 Bulldogs

only game this round I watched...

The Doggies, seem to hang in for 60 – 70 minutes each game, just waiting to be beaten 

The Queensland Rugby League has named the following line-up to face NSW in the opening game of the 2018 Holden State of Origin series:

1. Billy Slater
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Greg Inglis (c)
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Ben Hunt
8. Dylan Napa
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange:
14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh Papalii
16. Coen Hess
17. Jai Arrow

Coach: Kevin Walters

QLD'rrrrrr

QLDERRRRRRRRRRRRR:ausflag:

Next Wednesday the oldest daughter is having a sleep over so she can watch the origin with me! So excited she is getting into NRL! We are doing either homemade pizza or beef stroganoff on the wood stove for dinner with a few XXXX for me maybe she can have a milkshake! QLDER!

NSW Team: 1. James Tedesco 2. Josh Addo-Carr 3. James Roberts 4. Latrell Mitchell 5. Tom Trbojevic 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Damien Cook 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner (capt) 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jack de Belin Interchange: 14. Paul Vaughan 15. Jake Trbojevic 16. Angus Crichton 17. Tyrone Peachey 18. Tariq Sims 19. Nick Cotric

10 hours ago, natang said:

Next Wednesday the oldest daughter is having a sleep over so she can watch the origin with me! So excited she is getting into NRL! We are doing either homemade pizza or beef stroganoff on the wood stove for dinner with a few XXXX for me maybe she can have a milkshake! QLDER!

That is awesome. Congratulations. I wish my kids would hurry up and make me a Grandfather haha. 

NSW were helped to a victory by a loose carry call that should of been a strip and a penalty to QLD , then next try was from a forward pass. QLD had to many missed tackles and turned their backs on the opposition at the wrong time.Also players playing with injuries and others returning with no match fitness. QLD need to do some hard training before next game,some players are just to slow for SOO.

Was a good game. However QLD missed over 50 tackles and you just can't do that at Origin level in comparison to NSW 19.... GI was amazing last night and really stood up. I think Munster, Morgan, GI, Hunt all had really good games. McGuire played well but just lacked match fitness so was struggling to keep up for is normal amount of field time. There were two tries I thought came from forward passes. I even slowed the tv down and paused it to check them and the ball was thrown before the line and caught after the line how is that not forward ?????? However that seems to be the norm now on NRL much like a scrum. My daughter who is nearly 7 was watching with me last night and she asked why they all get together and hug bending over just to pass the ball through the back legs. Which I thought was a great way of describing a scrum now! 

Off to game two now I think we will be okay. I hope Ponga gets a run next game and Milford is rested. Morgan did well at fullback, I guess question is if Billy is fit is he quick enough as NSW have some bloody speed now.....

Well, I`m back. Spent 1-6 June in Rocky, family/clan gathering, spent 2-13 June swallowing anti-chuck and anti-poop tablets, and lost 4.7 kgs and missed SOO Game 1. Qlder`s will reset and rebuild... 😀

ROUND 15

Thursday, June 14 results

Eels 24  v  42 Rabbitohs, ANZ Stadium

Friday, June 15

Cowboys v Warriors, 1300SMILES Stadium, 6pm (AEST)

Roosters v Panthers, Allianz Stadium, 7.50pm (AEST)

Saturday, June 16

Bulldogs v Titans, ANZ Stadium, 3m (AEST)

Dragons v Sea Eagles, WIN Stadium, 5.30pm (AEST)

Sharks v Broncos, Southern Cross Group Stadium, 7.30pm (AEST)

Sunday, June 17

Knights v Storm, McDonald Jones Stadium, 2pm (AEST)

Wests Tigers v Raiders, Campbelltown Stadium, 4.10pm (AEST)

SUNDAY JUNE 24     STATE of ORIGIN  SYDNEY

Archived