Nrl 2018

ellicat

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/06/2018 at 6:38 AM, Drop Bear said:

..... I need that diet though haha

fairly simple food intake plan, 10days dry cracker biscuits with cold meat chunks and regular electrolyte tablet/fluid intake., does marvellous things for the extra waistline. No need for the Keto plan. Only down side was Johnny Cash`s "Burning Ring of Fire' behind the scene action.. ☹️😬

Saturday, June 16  results

Bulldogs 10  v  32 Titans

If they were greyhounds a responsible owner would put them down!

Dragons 32  v  8 Sea Eagles

I love to see a good Manly loss.

Sharks 16  v  20 Broncos

couple of bad/non calls, but Broncos were the better on the night.

1 hour ago, Gad said:

couple of bad/non calls, but Broncos were the better on the night

That depends on who you tipped. Broncos went to sleep in the second half again as expected but got a couple of favoured decisions to fluke the win.

Not NRL soz but still footy... the Aust Ireland game was the greatest game of reffing ever. He has some very lovely arm gestures and I am sure that the thousands of people that went to see the refereeing got their money worth. 😴 For those of us that actually wanted to watch rugby not so much. 

Mind you the Irish had a lot more go forward than Aust and probably deserved the win but... the technical rulings that go on in Rugby (used to be my game) have stuffed it. It takes minutes to pack a scrum and fantastic attacking play is pulled up over tiny technical things...  I am not saying Aust was hard done by but I am saying the ref was rubbish. 

sorry for the off topic rant 🙂 Thank you and good night.. please try the veal.

9 hours ago, ellicat said:

That depends on who you tipped. Broncos went to sleep in the second half again as expected but got a couple of favoured decisions......

True, and I did tip the dodgy ponies 😀 BUT the Sharks weren`t good enough, they had plenty of chances to have got the 2 points 😅

SOO Game 2 Squads announced

QUEENSLAND: 1. Billy Slater 2. Valentine Holmes 3. Greg Inglis (C) 4. Will Chambers 5. Dane Gagai 6. Cameron Munster 7. Ben Hunt 8. Dylan Napa 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Jarrod Wallace 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Felise Kaufusi 13. Josh McGuire Bench: Kalyn Ponga, Josh Papalii, Coen Hess, Jai Arrow. 18th man: Tim Glasby.

Other`s: Josh Addo-Carr, Nathan Cleary, Damien Cook, Boyd Cordner (capt), Angus Crichton, Jack de Belin, Tyson Frizell, Ryan James, Luke Keary, David Klemmer, James Maloney, Latrell Mitchell, Tyrone Peachey, Matt Prior, James Roberts, Tariq Sims, James Tedesco, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Paul Vaughan.

19 hours ago, Gad said:

SOO Game 2 Squads announced

QUEENSLAND: 1. Billy Slater 2. Valentine Holmes 3. Greg Inglis (C) 4. Will Chambers 5. Dane Gagai 6. Cameron Munster 7. Ben Hunt 8. Dylan Napa 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Jarrod Wallace 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Felise Kaufusi 13. Josh McGuire Bench: Kalyn Ponga, Josh Papalii, Coen Hess, Jai Arrow. 18th man: Tim Glasby.

Other`s: Josh Addo-Carr, Nathan Cleary, Damien Cook, Boyd Cordner (capt), Angus Crichton, Jack de Belin, Tyson Frizell, Ryan James, Luke Keary, David Klemmer, James Maloney, Latrell Mitchell, Tyrone Peachey, Matt Prior, James Roberts, Tariq Sims, James Tedesco, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Paul Vaughan.

Thats better 🙂

Rep Round

Fri 22 June  7.40 pm  on ch 9

Womens State of Origin  North Sydney Oval

NSW v Qld 

Saturday  23 June    Campbelltown Stadium

4.10 pm  on ch GEM

Papua New Guinea v Fiji

7.10 pm  on ch9

Samoa v Tonga

Sunday  24  June

State of Origin Game 2

ANZ Stadium Sydney 7.40 pm  on ch 9

Qld  v  NSW

8 hours ago, natang said:

No way is Napa going to start.... I think he will go to bench and Hess will start. Glasby may even come into team and Napa go to drinks boy. Going to be great to see Ponga have a run! 

I'd like to see Hess step his game up and really get stuck into them.

Official team lists for this weekend's interstate and international matches.

Women's State of Origin, Friday, 7.30pm at North Sydney Oval

Queensland: 1 Chelsea Baker, 2 Karina Brown (c), 3 Amelia Kuk, 4 Meg Ward, 5 Rhiannon Revell-Blair, 6 Zahara Temara, 7 Ali Brigginshaw, 8 Rona Peters, 9 Brittany Breayley (vc), 10 Heather Ballinger, 11 Tazmin Gray, 12 Maitua Feterika, 13 Annette Brander. Interchange: 14 Mariah Storch, 15 Steph Hancock, 16 Kody House, 17 Tallisha Harden, 18 Frieda Seu.

New South Wales: 1 Sam Bremner, 2 Taleena Simon, 3 Corban McGregor, 4 Isabelle Kelly, 5 Nakia Davis-Welsh, 6 Lavina O'Mealey, 7 Maddison Studdon (c), 8 Elianna Walton (vc), 9 Rebecca Riley, 10 Simaima Taufa, 11 Talesha Quinn, 12 Kezie Apps, 13 Vanessa Foliaki. Interchange: 14 Nita Maynard, 15 Rebecca Young, 16 Holli Wheeler, 17 Hannah Southwell, 18 Quincy Dodd.

Papua New Guinea v Fiji, Saturday 4pm at Campbelltown Stadium

Papua New Guinea1 Justin Olam, 2 Junior Rau, 3 Thompson Teteh, 4 Willie Minoga, 5 Richard Pandia, 6 Lachlan Lam, 7 Watson Boas, 8 Stanton Albert, 9 James Segeyaro (c), 10 Luke Page, 11 Rhyse Martin, 12 Nixon Putt, 13 Rod Griffin. Interchange: 14 Kurt Baptiste, 15 Rhadley Brawa, 16 Enock Maki, 17 Ase Boas, 18  Nene McDonald

Fiji: 1 Kevin Naiqama (c), 2 Suliasi Vunivalu, 3 Akuila Uate, 4 Tyrone Phillips, 5 Marcelo Montoya, 6 Henry Raiwalui, 7 Jarryd Hayne, 8 Kane Evans, 9 Joe Lovodua, 10 Eloni Vunakece, 11 King Vuniyayawa, 12 Junior Salesi Fainga, 13 Tui Kamikamica. Interchange: 14 Pio Seci, 15 Sitiveni Moceidreke, 16 Pio Sokobalavu, 17 Pio Sokobalavu, 18 Junior Roqica

Samoa v Tonga, Saturday 7.10pm at Campbelltown Stadium

Samoa squad: Bunty Afoa, Josh Aloiai, Michael Chee Kam, Christian Crichton, James Gavet, Pita Godinet, Sam Kasiano, Tim Lafai, Joey Leilua, Luciano Leilua, Mason Lino, Dunamis Lui, Tyrone May, Anthony Milford, Isaiah Papali'i, Joseph Paulo, Ligi Sao, Jorge Taufua

Tonga squad: Andrew Fifita, Addin Fonua-Blake, Moeaki Fotuaika, Siliva Havilli, Ata Hingano, Will Hopoate, Konrad Hurrell, Michael Jennings, Robert Jennings, Sione Katoa, Tuimoala Lolohea, Manu Ma'u, Joe Ofahengaue, Junior Tatola, Jason Taumalolo, Sio Siua Taukieaho, Peni Terepo, Daniel Tupou

State of Origin II, New South Wales v Queensland, Sunday, 7.40pm at ANZ Stadium

Maroons squad (in likely starting order): Billy Slater, Valentine Holmes, Greg Inglis (c), Will Chambers, Dane Gagai, Cameron Munster, Ben Hunt, Jarrod Wallace, Andrew McCullough, Dylan Napa, Gavin Cooper, Felise Kaufusi, Josh McGuire. Interchange: Kalyn Ponga, Josh Papalii, Coen Hess, Jai Arrow. Tim Glasby (18th man).

New South Wales squad (in likely starting order): James Tedesco, Tom Trbojevic, Latrell Mitchell, James Roberts, Josh Addo-Carr, James Maloney, Nathan Cleary, David Klemmer, Damien Cook, Paul Vaughan, Boyd Cordner (c), Tyson Frizell, Jack de Belin. Interchange: Jake Trbojevic, Angus Crichton, Matt Prior, Tyrone Peachey. Reserves: Ryan James, Luke Keary, Tariq Sims.

5 hours ago, christophagus said:

i would have really enjoyed seeing Corey Oates put into the second row.

One of our biggest game one problems was the blues carving up our slow forward pack right through the middle. Oates has size and speed, disappointing to not have him in the squad

Personally I'd like to have seen him play in the second row first before being thrown into that arena. It's certainly a fair luxury to be able to pick a team of 17 without him and shows the depth in backs we have.

Fri 22 June result

Womens State of Origin  North Sydney Oval

NSW 16  v  10 Qld 

Saturday  23 June  result

Qlder was the much better looking side  🤭  

Papua New Guinea 26  v  14 Fiji

They Kumul all over them

Samoa 22  v  38 Tonga

It was like watching 2 x 17 man forward packs. 🙄

Yes, I`m quite warm to this international round being played, each season. The Pacific/PNG nations are certainly growing in stature with the exposure. PNG especially with few in the NRL but numbers growing in the Intrust Cups and 4 home based players coming through 🙂. It`s the way forward for the sport, pointless waiting for an all  Anglo/Saxon team in the future, even the Poms can`t produce one. 😂 

Well, that's an annoying result!!!  Not happy with Hunt's 3rd tackle kick (to no-one ....) when they've got a man in the bin. I suspect that may count against him in future calculations. Oh well, I'll go to game 3 and send Billy off (oh and congratulate the Blues for their 'one in a row' ....... 🙂).

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

You have to wonder what poor old Dane Gagai has done to the refs. 2 games and 2 wrong decisions against him that led to tries. Nobody could say the better team won last night.

agree. I am not happy with that game or the refs... but...  qld should have scored when they had a man up and they didn't. 

On 25/06/2018 at 8:56 AM, Drop Bear said:

agree. I am not happy with that game or the refs... but...  qld should have scored when they had a man up and they didn't. 

I agree the refs certainly destroyed that game. Penalty try ruling wasn’t consistent either, QLD should have got one in 2nd half. Loved the Samoa and Tonga game, also enjoyed PNG game and women’s Origin...... Some good football to watch there and was kinda disappointed with origin all over this year.......

ROUND 16

Thursday, June 28  result

Dragons 20  v  18 Eels

Congrats to the Eels for maintaining their 2018 form....  for 76 minutes I was concerned they may have won this game.

Friday, June 29

Warriors v Sharks, Mt Smart Stadium, 6pm (AEST)

Roosters v Storm, Adelaide Oval, 7.50pm (AEST)

Saturday, June 30

Panthers v Sea Eagles, Panthers Stadium, 3pm (AEST)

Knights v Bulldogs, McDonald Jones Stadium, 5.30pm (AEST)

Broncos v Raiders, Suncorp Stadium, 7.30pm (AEST)

Sunday, July 1

Wests Tigers v Titans, Leichhardt Oval, 2pm (AEST)

Rabbitohs v Cowboys, Barlow Park, Cairns, 4.10pm (AEST)

I love NRL with a passion but I am so sick and tired of tries being awarded to win games by blatant fowars passes. First to go was the scrum, then the biff, then solid tackles and shoulder charges and now it seems to not matter whether you pass backwards or fowards. I am getting to the point of not watching anymore there has been that many blatant ones this year. Last try by Sharks tonight was at least a metre foward. 

Is it just me or are others of same opinion? 

Maybe it is just that the tv replays are getting better but it seems that the refs are a lot more influential in the result of games these days. Blowing penalties when they are not deserved and missing some obvious penalties that decide games. 

First two games this weekend have been lost by the team who played the better football so it could be an interesting round.

Friday, June 29 results

Warriors 15  v  18 Sharks

a game the Warriors should have won... but couldn`t.

Roosters 8  v  9 Storm

hard fought game, both sides defence was the highlight of this game... until Smith potted the field goal.

Archived