Nrl 2018

ellicat

On 29/06/2018 at 8:52 PM, Old Scaley said:

Maybe it is just that the tv replays are getting better but it seems that the refs are a lot more influential in the result of games these days.

well if they dont rig all the normal games everyone will look at the state of origin as rigged. 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday, June 30  results

Panthers 10  v  18 Sea Eagles

Oh well 🙁, I can`t expect to be happy after every Manly game.... that would be so selfish 😄.

Knights 16  v  36 Bulldogs

should have been played this game in day light hours because.... plenty of daylight between those scores

Broncos 26  v  22 Raiders

..... and true to form the Raiders 2nd half flops continued.

Sunday, July 1  results

Tigers 12  v  30 Titans

Between furballs and high error count, the Tiggers choked again!

Rabbitohs 21  v  20 Cowboys

with the weight of high expectation lifted off them, the Cowboys played as if they were enjoying  their football again 🙂.

SOO GAME 3

Suncorp Stadium July 11.

QUEENSLAND TEAM

1. Billy Slater (c) 2. Valentine Holmes 3. Dane Gagai 4. Will Chambers 5. Corey Oates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jai Arrow 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Josh Papalii 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Felise Kaufusi 13, Josh McGuire

Bench 14. Ben Hunt 15. Jarrod Wallace 16. Coen Hess 17. Tim Glasby...  18th man: Dylan Napa

Full story: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/origin/queensland-set-to-ring-in-the-changes-for-origin-iii/news-story/dba897adc1fd430ec7653b36fbc12dd5

This series is gone. 10 months till the start of the SOO 2019 series, Instead of building on the positve and working on the negative experiences of the new generation coming through, Qld has decided to adopt  NSW`s12 years losing selection swap and drop ways, to head into the future... 

5 hours ago, Gad said:

This series is gone. 10 months till the start of the SOO 2019 series, Instead of building on the positve and working on the negative experiences of the new generation coming through, Qld has decided to adopt  NSW`s12 years losing selection swap and drop ways, to head into the future...

Was thinking exactly the same thing @Gad. Sure, some of the changes are driven by injury but we don’t want to fall into the same trap as the blues.  We were close in both games.

ROUND 17

Thursday, July 5  result.

Storm 52  v  30 Dragons

Both teams down on key players, for 65 minutes, what a game. High scoring.. was it poor defence by both teams or great attack by both teams. Glad I decided to watch what I had thought would be a mediocre game, instead of flicking onto the Wimbledon telecast.

Friday, July 6

Panthers v Warriors, Panthers Stadium, 7.50pm (AEST)

Saturday, July 7

Bulldogs v Raiders, Belmore Sports Ground, 7.30pm (AEST)

Sunday, July 8

Titans v Broncos, CBus Super Stadium, 4.10pm (AEST)

17 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that there were only men's tennis matches on ............ :whistle:🤔

😟 No smarty... most of the appealing female fashion form has been knock out in the early rounds of the tournament. 😂

Friday, July 6  result.

Panthers 36  v  4 Warriors

I should`ve known better than to tip the Warriors in this game. Normally over the years, they`ve been crap early-mid season, and come Origin bye rounds rack up a few wins to give their fans something to cheer about. This season they have obviously reversed their normal.  🙁

Saturday, July 7  result

Bulldogs 28  v  32 Raiders

Fancy that, Sticky  finally told the Raiders it`s a 40 minute 2nd half...

Sunday, July 8   result

Titans 8  v  34 Broncos

The Titans fans are entitled to ask the question: is there ever going to be a successful Gold Coast based NRL team.

55 minutes ago, Gad said:

Saturday, July 7  result

Bulldogs 28  v  32 Raiders

Fancy that, Sticky  finally told the Raiders it`s a 40 minute 2nd half...

Sunday, July 8   result

Titans 8  v  34 Broncos

The Titans fans are entitled to ask the question: is there ever going to be a successful Gold Coast based NRL team.

The comeback from the Raiders was incredible, but I do miss a good chair kicking from Sticky.  I think the Titans are a good team without much luck. BTW @Gad, it was 34 nil, which might end up being important at the end of the season in terms of for and against.😀

32 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Getting ready to go to the game - had a brother in town so played cards til 2am last night, no nana nap today and up at 4am tomorrow to head offshore in dad's boat so sadly I think the stadium might be minus one 'lunatic' tonight .......

Sure @kmcrosby78, we have all said that. “No, I am going to be sensible tonight, early start tomorrow. Well, maybe just a couple of beers...then, I can do the offshores thing with 2 hours sleep.... “who knows where this will end, Kelvin.

On 09/07/2018 at 8:31 PM, Old Scaley said:

The comeback from the Raiders was incredible, but I do miss a good chair kicking from Sticky.  I think the Titans are a good team without much luck. BTW @Gad, it was 34 nil, which might end up being important at the end of the season in terms of for and against.😀

Thanks for that Steve 🙂 not sure how the 8 came up... I`ll give the keyboard a serving over it though ☺️

Qld 18 - 12. Well done. Didn`t see much of the second half, but it was good to see that when cool heads were needed individual players didn`t panic to force the play . I`m never one to not give credit when it`s dueso... it was good to see DCE didn`t run out to be in the vote for the NSW players- player of the match award 😎

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, Old Scaley said:

Sure @kmcrosby78, we have all said that. “No, I am going to be sensible tonight, early start tomorrow. Well, maybe just a couple of beers...then, I can do the offshores thing with 2 hours sleep.... “who knows where this will end, Kelvin.

Somewhere in between Steve ....... contained myself in the first half (wasn't hard in the 30th - 40th minutes .......) but something came over me in the second half ...... nowhere near a 'PB' but enough to help them home 🙂  Queenslander!!!!!

ROUND 18

Friday, July 13

Panthers v Sharks, Panthers Stadium, 6pm (AEST)

Knights v Eels, McDonald Jones Stadium, 7.50pm (AEST)

Saturday, July 14

Bulldogs v Rabbitohs, ANZ Stadium, 3pm (AEST)

Sea Eagles v Storm, Lottoland, 5.30pm (AEST)

Raiders v Cowboys, GIO Stadium, 7.30pm (AEST)

Sunday, July 15

Broncos v Warriors, Suncorp Stadium, 2pm (AEST)

Dragons v Wests Tigers, UOW Jubilee Stadium, 4.10pm (AEST)

Titans v Roosters, CBus Super Stadium, 6.30pm (AEST)

Friday, July 13  results

Panthers 12  v  24 Sharks

The Panthers made the near full strength Shark side work for their win, considering they were playing without rested SOO players and players unavailable through  injuries.

Knights 18  v  16 Eels

The Hayne plane may have left the runway for a change, but Pearce was in charge of the control tower.

Saturday, July 14  results

Bulldogs 6  v  24 Rabbitohs

This scoreline doesn`t reflect the Doggies strong game.

Sea Eagles 13  v  14 Storm

by 1 point or 50 points, I enjoy a Manly loss.

Raiders 38  v  12 Cowboys

Cowboys had a double chilly night in Raiders territory

Sunday, July 15  results

Broncos 6  v  26 Warriors

The Warriors wanted the 2 points. 

Dragons 16  v  20 Tigers

SOO took the sting out of the Dragon rep players... may be for consistency for NRL rounds, stand alone week end SOO games  on a Saturday night, should be the future. So many flat /ested rep players this round

Titans 20  v  12 Roosters

On Sunday arvo, when it was confirmed Rooster`s rep players were out, along with their couple of injuries I changed my tip to the Titans at home. I should have known better.

9 hours ago, Gad said:

On Sunday arvo, when it was confirmed Rooster`s rep players were out, along with their couple of injuries I changed my tip to the Titans at home. I should have known better.

That makes 2 of us @Gad. And I think they were the better team on the day but got nobbled by a couple of bad refereeing decisions and too many penalties. I reckon they are a good enthusiastic team who rarely get the rub of the green.

ROUND 19

Thursday, July 19

Eels v Bulldogs, ANZ Stadium, 7.50pm (AEST)

Friday, July 20

Sharks v Raiders, Southern Cross Group Stadium, 6pm (AEST)

Broncos v Panthers, Suncorp Stadium, 7.50pm (AEST)

Saturday, July 21

Knights v Titans, McDonald Jones Stadium, 3pm (AEST)

Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs, ANZ Stadium, 5.30pm (AEST)

Cowboys v Dragons, 1300SMILES Stadium, 7.30pm (AEST)

Sunday, July 22

Warriors v Storm, Mt Smart Stadium, 2pm (AEST)

Sea Eagles v Roosters, Lottoland, 4.10pm (AEST)vZ

Another thought round of tipping there are a few games could go either way! Good luck to all. So glad to be back in 3rd after dropping to 5th. SO far this season it’s Ellicat and Dan leading with me hot on heals then a close bunch following after! Right now we are all so close it’s turning into a great comp! 

Good luck all! 

Great game by Eels last night. Did my usual and changed last minute after watching Footy 360 and listening to Gus. SHUT UP GUS! 

Interesting change by the Broncos announced this morning. I think it’s a good move. Darius hasn’t been the best at the back for a while time for the young ones to have a go......

Archived