100 Not Out

Dinodadog

Dont you just luvit when a plan works out. Thought I would head up to Baroon and see if the bass were down near the wall waiting to make the big jump over.Picked them up trolling on the way and then got stuck into them on bait, also picked up some more on the way back to the ramp, finished up with a nice yella, first one in years. Managed 104 bass, one yella and one tandan.

Dino

P3030007.JPG

P3030008.JPG

P3030009.JPG

P3030011.JPG

P3030014.JPG

P3030017.JPG

P3030019.JPG

P3030021.JPG

P3030023.JPG

P3030024.JPG

P3030028.JPG

P3030030.JPG

3 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

Bass remained at a small size for years, then half went over the wall during a flood and the other half enjoyed the extra food and put on some length and weight.Stocking has been low for last 10 years also.

Dino

On 3/3/2018 at 2:09 PM, Dinodadog said:

near the wall waiting to make the big jump over

Nice one mate. That is a solid session!

Did I see that Hinze spilled last week? I remember years ago catching the bass in the pond below the wall after a spill. We carried them in the car to the creek below and let them go. They all had nasty wounds that were getting infected. 

Do you know if the fishing below the dams get better after a spill or do most fish die in the process?

On 3/6/2018 at 4:27 PM, Dinodadog said:

Few years back we recovered 500 bass from below the wall NPD 300 got tagged before being released back into the dam, a lot had injuries, a lot made it some did not, some had scars for a few years.

Thats a lot of fish. There must be so many that get washed down each water release. 

Was it Monduran that had a stack of big barra that when it flooded they pretty much all got washed away? I have always wondered what happened to them and if they all died in the process. 

Archived