Outboard Shopping, Too Good To Be True?

Ovington

Hi all, 

I am currently in the market for a new outboard as my one is only running on 2 cylinders. Anyway I have found a company in Canberra called "First outboards" which have brand new motors that are 2016 models mostly which are much less then anywhere else. 

Has anyone purchased from them before? I emailed them asking questions about delivery and warranties and got a reply that although answered my questions seemed a little dodgey. I am trying to line a mate up to go instore to check them out for me. 

If it is legitimate it is about 5k cheaper than brand new from the dealer for etecs or about 2.5k for yammies in 60hp models.

Cheers in advance.

23 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Sounds suss and far too good a deal to me.

A lot of crooks in Canberra.

The ACN provided is invalid. suss

Address is a private residence. suss

Yea I had a bit of a look into the ACN but wasnt sure what I was looking at. Might still try to get my mate to visit and see if we can't catch them out

7 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

site looks like it has been build in a rush too. lots of format errors. That can be normal if you are inexperienced at web building. slowly slowly catchy monkey. 

Yea the ladies reply was very much illiterate and badly formatted too and said the delivery was free and control box was included which just didnt add up. Certainly wary 

Archived