Bay Glass Out And Some Fish :)

kmcrosby78

Good result for a family day.

12 hours ago, ellicat said:

Fun day. As long as the kids are catching it makes for a more pleasant time for Dad. I also learnt to just accept the designation of being a helper when the kids were young.

Conditions look tough...

I've been told it's best to gut shark asap to avoid the ammonia flavour.

Definitely a good idea to get the guts out of a shark and the brown sinu that runs down the spine in the gut cavity is the one you need to get out. People say you must head them but, I have never found you have to. Just get that brown stuff out, you will know it by the smell. Otherwise one of the best eating things swimming IMO. 

17 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Ate the bonito last night (yummy done Mediterranean style with olives, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon in the pan with the fish, also works well with tailor) and had the mackerel tonight. Have frozen all the shark - it will turn into tacos and probably curry. Will let you know.

Bonito is delicious. Yum.

On 27/05/2019 at 7:36 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Ate the bonito last night (yummy done Mediterranean style with olives, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon in the pan with the fish, also works well with tailor) and had the mackerel tonight. Have frozen all the shark - it will turn into tacos and probably curry. Will let you know.

Sounds delish mate. Fresh fish is always good. There is always a method somewhere to make any fish taste great. I’ll have to give that one a go. 

8 hours ago, Ge_off said:

You eat the bonnie, I only use them as salted bait, best dead Jack bait ever, Love the recipe and I will definitely give that ago, Thanks for sharing.

Yep they are great bait. But they are delicious as well. Nothing like a tuna. Give it a go if the baits are plentiful and the big ones are not. 

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 5:53 AM, Drop Bear said:

Yep they are great bait. But they are delicious as well. Nothing like a tuna. Give it a go if the baits are plentiful and the big ones are not. 

Thanks Drop Bear, I caught 2 nice ones on Saturday about 2 miles off Kirra Beach,  Ate it on Sunday night, Cut into pieces with halved cherry tomatoes, Olives, chopped basil olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper, To my surprise It was very nice, i'll do that again for sure,
Thanks

10 hours ago, Ge_off said:

Thanks Drop Bear, I caught 2 nice ones on Saturday about 2 miles off Kirra Beach,  Ate it on Sunday night, Cut into pieces with halved cherry tomatoes, Olives, chopped basil olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper, To my surprise It was very nice, i'll do that again for sure,
Thanks

Ripper. Well done. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jack60 said:

Do all beacons in Moreton bay hold schoolies, or is it a process of travelling around to each to find them. Also are there any beacons in close to main land that seem to hold schoolies more frequently. Cheers 

Hey Jack. Welcome to the forum. I wish I knew. They seem to be all over the place at times. One Mile normally has a few. 

• 6 months later...