GregOug

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Weather looking good. Batteries are charged. Might give Moreton Bay a go tomorrow!

Hi GregOug

Good luck, hopefully you can pull together a good feed. 🙂 

I hope to be at the POB on the weekend, or if I'm finished my school work Friday (then it probably won't be as crowded) to test the kayak's sounder. We'll probably just fish around Fisherman's Island, finding any strcutre and see if we can get anything. Saying this, there's a good chance it could just be at the local park to learn how to use use the thing... LOL.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

38 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi GregOug

Good luck, hopefully you can pull together a good feed. 🙂 

I hope to be at the POB on the weekend, or if I'm finished my school work Friday (then it probably won't be as crowded) to test the kayak's sounder. We'll probably just fish around Fisherman's Island, finding any strcutre and see if we can get anything. Saying this, there's a good chance it could just be at the local park to learn how to use use the thing... LOL.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Go for it Hamish. I’m told you can catch snapper around the rock walls at Fisherman Island. Never done it myself though.

4 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Go for it Hamish. I’m told you can catch snapper around the rock walls at Fisherman Island. Never done it myself though.

Hey GregOug

Alright, I think it would pay to have a bit of berley and a snapper rig. I'll have some mullet strips (mullet my dad got in the net) and probably some pillies. I know my hopes are to high here, but it would be great to have snapper in the esky!

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

4 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey GregOug

Alright, I think it would pay to have a bit of berley and a snapper rig. I'll have some mullet strips (mullet my dad got in the net) and probably some pillies. I know my hopes are to high here, but it would be great to have snapper in the esky!

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

If you don’t try, it won’t happen 

Shame the weather didn't play ball. At least you have a boat that can handle it.

I found the Bay better in the late arvo into the night or in the wee hours of the morning.

Nugget used to say "find the 10m contour and you will find the snapper". So I say if you find the 10 metre contour and look for some structure on that contour, you might be closer to them. A bit of homework to do on your charts.

Bad luck @GregOug, I went out yesterday as well. For a normal (if there is any such thing anymore) week day there sure were a lot of trailers parked up when I got to the ramp. I hope not everyone out there is currently unemployed. I mainly wanted to have more play time with the electric motor, but of course I had a fish as well. Only went along the front rock wall at the port. Got there a couple of hours before the top of the tide and got smashed by rat squire around the 30 - 34cm size for the first hour. Heaps of bait schools again. The bite slowed towards the top of the tide and never came back. I tried a few spots on the way back in but hardly got a bite, so baked beans for tea last night.

The good thing is the Minn Kota is running fine and will easily hold on spot lock against a strong river tidal run. Glad I went for the 54” shaft instead of the 48”. There was a bit of wind against tide chop early in the session and I had to drop the shaft down to almost fully down to stop any cavitation.

9 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Bad luck @GregOug, I went out yesterday as well. For a normal (if there is any such thing anymore) week day there sure were a lot of trailers parked up when I got to the ramp. I hope not everyone out there is currently unemployed. I mainly wanted to have more play time with the electric motor, but of course I had a fish as well. Only went along the front rock wall at the port. Got there a couple of hours before the top of the tide and got smashed by rat squire around the 30 - 34cm size for the first hour. Heaps of bait schools again. The bite slowed towards the top of the tide and never came back. I tried a few spots on the way back in but hardly got a bite, so baked beans for tea last night.

The good thing is the Minn Kota is running fine and will easily hold on spot lock against a strong river tidal run. Glad I went for the 54” shaft instead of the 48”. There was a bit of wind against tide chop early in the session and I had to drop the shaft down to almost fully down to stop any cavitation.

Good to hear it has the 'strength' to hold in that current.
You must've been spewin' at those 34's

Just now, ellicat said:

Good to hear it has the 'strength' to hold in that current.
You must've been spewin' at those 34's

Yep. 2 trips in a row where I haven’t managed a legal snap. Might have to change locations until the bigger fish move in as the water cools. Forgot to tell @GregOug not to mention grinners when @kmcrosby78 is lurking on the site. He is the Moreton Bay Grinner King and gets a bit possessive about them. We saw in a recent post that he is training up his young bloke to take the crown when he retires.😝