Some Tips For Overnight Stays On Your Boat

Ariat Fishing

1 minute ago, GoingFishing said:

Thanks for that info Ariat,  How far you reckon out of Scarborough before we reach that 35m mark?  Peral Perch I hear are at that 90m mark.  and I would be after that type thing as well as snapper and the Flame tail Snapper which everyone reckons is at that 200m section, but I think they would come to that 90 to 100m spots, what you think?

Are you out of Scarborough Marina, I am member there.   

Mate I'm out of Manly at the Trailer Boat Club, the area that I fish is on the eastern side of Moreton Island, snapper and grassies you will find along the 30 mtr contour line and it's really close to the beach. From the 30 mtr line to the 100 mtr line ( Deep Tempest ) there is heaps of places to fish, you really just need a good sounder and to drift. I have never caught a FT Snapper as yet, but from what I have heard you are probably looking at around the 130 mtrs to 200 mtr lines. I have caught good Pearlies from the 30's to the 100 mtr, but seem to get the bigger ones around that 80 to 100 mtr mark.

Fantastic, again appreciate your time and will go 80 to 100m on Peral's,  And I look forward to getting to those Flames Tails, ...

On it, will be drifting drifting, You generally just turn around on your marks if you are catching or just trust the sounder for fish being on sounder there.?  and thats the last question for the day 🙂

Tight Lines

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

Fantastic, again appreciate your time and will go 80 to 100m on Peral's,  And I look forward to getting to those Flames Tails, ...

On it, will be drifting drifting, You generally just turn around on your marks if you are catching or just trust the sounder for fish being on sounder there.?  and thats the last question for the day 🙂

Tight Lines

Mate I normally head to spot and sound from there until I get some action either bites or sounder images, then hit mark on your sounder and keep drifting over that until the bite goes cold and then move to next mark, or keep sounding for further signs of fish, mark and drop again. Just watch the swell out there and the time period between the swells, I normally give it a miss after 1.8 mtrs of swell , and never bother if the time intervals are less than 7 seconds, wind no more than 13 knts normally